have access to international turb

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need help iding a turbo

dont know much but my fd cut up a buss thats international i think its a d360 can i make the turbo work on my 7.3 with a hypermax i think i need a t3 to t4 adapter anything else i should snag

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
dont know much but my fd cut up a buss thats international i think its a d360 can i make the turbo work on my 7.3 with a hypermax i think i need a t3 to t4 adapter anything else i should snag

do you know what turbo it is? Might be smaller than what you have.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick google search says that it is probably a GT40 series turbo. If you go to garrett's web site and try out the boost advisor app you will see that the 40's are pretty large. I had looked at these back before the 3788 I have fell into my lap. It's probably quite a bit big for a stockish IDI. That's a common turbo size for the drag racing guys and they spin the engines a lot faster than we can.

Anyway, I recommend you play with the boost advisor app. (they have it for iphone and probably others too). It's a neat insight into turbo sizing and lets you see all the garrett maps.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I did Google it but I was wondering if t4 is the only divided pedestal or does t3 have

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T3 also has divided pedestal, (my hx35 for example)

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think divided or not has anything to do with t3 or t4. I think that's just a trade size for the turbo flange. My 3788 is a t4 but is undivided.