Has anyone looked this from Craigslist?

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at this:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1786269784.html
or is the seller on here?

If so whats the deal with it?:dunno It's been floating around for a while and re-posted quite a few times.

I've been looking for a crew cab to replace my ext cab for a short bed project and I wouldn't mind a spare engine.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy running trucks for about that, seems it would take a fair amount of work to re assemble it...

IDK, just my thoughts.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh, I really want that truck but I don't think she'll be available by the time I could sell mine, and besided I don't really want to sell mine. I'm gonna have both.You watch

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage of having a truck stripped down like that is you can actually see what is in there and nothing is hidden anymore. Even a claimed "mint" factory truck will be hiding things that you can't see at a glance. Honestly I would consider a frame off restored truck but only after I make a very thorough inspection of it. As he said, the price is not firm either. Having to repair rust can get expensive in a hurry so a truck that has already been restored is at least worth a look even if it is completely torn down. Its not nearly as much work to put a truck back together, than it is to take a rusty one apart and patch it up.

The other truck looks like a good deal, but if the wheel wells on the box are already starting to rust through, add a minimum $1000 to that price to end up with a true rust free truck and that might not include painting the box to match the rest of the truck. Replace both box sides or replace the whole thing, but I wouldn't bother with patch panels. What you save in money is more than made up for in extra time and shorter life span before it rusts through again.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 86 6.9 with no motor in of all places Wis. It ws rust free, it was an xl and it was brown. almost bought the darn thing when i had the 86. I'm waiting for the time. How's bout an 86 with a 12v in her?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at this:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1786269784.html
or is the seller on here?

If so whats the deal with it?:dunno It's been floating around for a while and re-posted quite a few times.

I've been looking for a crew cab to replace my ext cab for a short bed project and I wouldn't mind a spare engine.

That thing has been for sale for at least a year now. Price is just too much if you ask me.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I had a truck in similar for as that crew cab but mine was a reg cab stepside F150 converted over to a F250, New paint, on frame, suspension, and body, complete new interior(in packages), 460 (unknown milage), C6. had a hard time getting 1000 for it. Wish i never sold it-cuss

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing has been for sale for at least a year now. Price is just too much if you ask me.

That's what I was thinking, I keep seeing it floating around. I guess I need to get into some more junkyards as all I am really looking for the the crew-cab with doors and a spare engine. My thoughts are to do a crew-cab swap onto my existing frame, and shorten the bed or maybe flatbed it.

My current setup is running good and I'm just wanting more space for the kids. Plus I want a spare engine buit and ready to go for the day mine dies, I always find it cheaper to be prepared rather than to have to repair immediately.

Their are no worries about rust down here in Georgia unless the vehicle is a transplant or lived over by the coast. I don't miss my vehicles from New England at all!!!

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm looking for although I want the brick nose body style. I don't like the pre87 interior or the front end, just a personal preference though

Exekiel69

Reaction score
4wd crew cab is a good option, I would be interested for the right price if I wasn't so far into converting mine.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
In a different situation.I would be interested in a truck like that,"afetr a thorought inspection especially of the quality of the body work and pre body condition. You could assemble it carefully ,checkin it twice. Makinng sure the electricial system was modified to rid it of the "Ford Bugs". In my case I have a low mileage Jasper &.3 TC,that would make a reliabe power source,insatlle tho older engine in my current truck ETc. I wouls have the best of both worlds-A bullet proof,spark proof.pretty IDI that was reilable for long trips. Wish I was more energetic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger