Has anyone else noticed all the new members to the site?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Haven didn't build that truck. His uncle did. Dave got it after his uncle passed on. dave also has a rifle and I mean a rifle... Its about 6 ft long... Bolt action 50 caliber BMG.... His quote is.... " thats not a gun... This is a gun"....:eek: Thats a nice idea of a Cat in an older Ford but lots of work went into the build....
Gary, you're absolutely correct. I didn't mean to imply that Dave had done the build himself. I just wasn't sure how public he wanted that information to be.

He's a good guy; I wish he had made the migration over here...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, I've got a 5.9/360 in one of my trucks.....
I got it because it is fun to drive and the fast/easy cheap/power

Course it's a FE, it it *may* not be displacing 360ci anymore.

Hmm... wonder why it hasn't come up more often as a potential engine swap? Is the 406 a DT-466 with thicker cylinders, or is it a bored out 360? I always see those in those armored trucks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That truck needed the firewall "modified" plenty and the frame rails got boxed also. Its a nice build... Thats for sure. My infomation was from Dave himself. I only posted what he posted way back when. I didn't mean to imply any thing else about him not having anything to do with the build. As I recall its a complete self contained living quarters rig for something like oil field welding. Can't really remember all that.... Sometimes I see things thru foggy eyes....:sly

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
I think it could be due to the economy and there is a lot of people that can afford one of these old fords compared to a newer diesel truck.

thats me .... ive been thinking compound turbo as well i already have a t3/4 off a cougar for the small turbo just need a big one to feed

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My infomation was from Dave himself. I only posted what he posted way back when. I didn't mean to imply any thing else about him not having anything to do with the build. As I recall its a complete self contained living quarters rig for something like oil field welding. Can't really remember all that.... Sometimes I see things thru foggy eyes....:sly
Ah, okay...he had told me the story, but it was through AIM and not on the site. I didn't realize that he had posted all the info publically :)

Definitely a cool rig! You could have some fun with that! ;Sweet Gary, do you remember what tranny he's got behind that engine?

cornbinder 84

Goat Rancher
Reaction score
I have to say as a new member this is the most informative and helpful site that I have ever been a part of. There are people here from every walk of life with tons of knowledge on hand, and it seems that everyone is excited to share that knowledge with anyhone that will ask. I don't have a lot of knowledge about diesel trucks, and what I do has came from this site. I do have knowledge in other areas such as bodywork, painting, farm machinery repair, and other stuff. My dad once told me that is better to listen to those who are wiser than you and ask questions instead of trying to do things the hard way or your own way. The old man taught me alot of tricks. He has been doing bodywork on and off for 40 years, and has had more different professions than I can count on one hand. Knowledge is king and I want to learn as much as possible. So my hat is off to all those who share thier knowledge on here and thank you :hail.

Thanks,

Jack

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
That reminds Me of a little experience I had back when I was a know it all 16 YO.

I had a 72 Pontiac Grand Prix. The rear brakes were bad so I rolled it into My parents attached garage. I put it up on stands and took the wheels off, backed the shoes off and tried to get the drums off. After about 45 minutes of cussing and swearing up a storm, I thru My hands up, and walked into the house. My Dad was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup o joe.
Me: *#@! damn brake drums wont come off.
Dad calmly says: You need a brake drum puller.
Me: Where in the hell am I gonna find one of them?
Dad: There's one hangin on the wall, right there. As He points thru the screen door to the brake drum puller.
I learned a lot from Him, AFTER I figured out that I didn't know it all

vikurt2002

Reaction score
Every time I need to do some work to the truck I come on this site and search through any posts on the subject. This usually saves me a lot of time and trouble. I have the diesel engine repair manual and the chilton manual for my truck, but it is great to be able to come on here and find a post from someone that has already done whatever it is I'm about to do. This is my first diesel truck so I have a lot to learn... so far it's been time and money well spent though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online