Has any one tried the knock off holley pumps?

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay has a pro comp knock off of the holley red pump, for about 50 bucks. Has anyone tried these. I originally put a delphi fuel pump on mine. It was rated at 5 to 9 psi but only 30 gph. The flow was not enough. I lost a couple of pounds of boost. I put a holley red on yesterday and its back to normal. Its rated at 4 to 7 psi and 70 gph or so. So I guess I will say Mel is right about the holley red. How much are rebuild kits for the holley reds. How bout the cheapies?
clicks away
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Proc...ryZ33555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might also be almost the same pump as a Holley Red just without the label. I know some here try to buy American for philosophical reasons, and I respect that, but just cause its made in China does not make it a POS. IS it even made in China...is the Holley Red even made in America?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
I ran one of those pumps from auto-zone, the cheep ones, and it lasted me 2 years and I sold the truck.:dunno

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that I will buy a couple. I will put one on my wifes truck and one in my tool box for a spare. I will probably try to get a few rebuild kits to.

DarkwingDork

Reaction score
yes. I bought A pro comp black for 80 bucks...came with regulator. It was so loud I could hear it over the motor! Failed within 6 months. Running a holly blue now...love it!

tractorman86

Reaction score
i do wonder if holley parts are compatable though. i think this weekend i am going to put a holley blue valve in my red and see if i get any better perf. i do know they run the same vayne and rotor set.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have been running a procomp knockoff of a holley red for about 4 or 6 months and only had to pull it once because i got a nasty batch of diesel with no prefilter for the pump installed prefilter and no problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat