harness swap questions

tobroketostrok

Reaction score
somebody said the tranny harness is seperate. Does anybody know if I can swap that from a 90 to a 92 to swap in the auto tranny?

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure exactly what yoru asking? are you trying to get an auto tranny in a truck with a manual ?

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the harness is not seperate. you need the complete harness from the auto truck. if you want to swap in an auto get a c6 and a gear vendors overdrive. way less headache. i personally love the manual. its alot more reliable than any electronic controlled tranny.

tobroketostrok

Reaction score
well that just rained on my parade. Did you just pull the wireing out from under the dash or take the dash completely out? Just wondering how hard it is to remove the dashes. The last wire swap I did was on an 83 with straight 6 and 4-speed, not many wires.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just unplugged it from the firewall and used what was under the hood. i didnt want to pull the dash and all that if i dont have to but i may end up doing it still because the donor truck has a really nice interior but its red and would look stupid with a blue dash. im sure ill need to get in to teh evaporator and all the a/c stuff and clean it out so im sure ill find out soon enough.

i think with the e4od into a manual truck you will need the cab harness also. im not exactly sure but im sure it would be easier than fighting with the wiring gremlins that pop up.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody have a pin out diagram for the firewall plugs on the e4od plug and the round plug in the pics on page 1? :hail whoever does

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online