Guess what I saved from becoming a cube?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
It's certainly not the prettiest right now, but for the price and what it came with, I think I did pretty good. It's an 85 with a 6.9, zf5, 4wd, 99% rust free, and only 112k miles. Started right up even with some things broken (like accessory mounts and the radiator is destroyed). No frame damage at all; guy came around a corner at night during a storm and hit a tree. Just some body panels to replace and it'll be fine. I gave $800 for it. What say the community? ;Really :backoff

You must be registered for see images attach

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how he did that much damage to the front without destroying the bumper?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
hit a tree? was the tree hovering about 3-4 feet off the ground in the horizontal position?

nothing against you but i call bs on the crash story. you hit a tree and $hit is screwed up big time. that bumper is WAY to straight and clean for being in ANY kind of accident. hit a tree and the passenger compartment becomes the engine compartment.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Some of you guys are close. There was a really bad stormy week here from hurricane Isaac, and it felled a lot of trees. Mostly cottonwoods (crappy root systems). The previous owner was coming around a corner and couldn't stop in time for the tree laying across the road (country back road). My first priority was confirming the no frame damage. I'll even take pictures of the impacted tree bark that's still stuck in the remnants of the grill.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
or the ass end of a pickup as tall as the General. Somewhere floatin around the web is a pic of the PT Cruiser that hit my truck. The hood scrunched up like an accordian and the motor was shoved back into the firewall. But the bumper was perfect!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
That's about what a car would look like after hitting the bumper on my van :D

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll buff out with a good quality wax and a toilet plunger to pop out the dents :rotflmao. In all seriousness, it can be fixed up and good thing you saved it.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there still a little tree bark stuck in the wreckage there? It kimd of looks like a little in there if you zoom in far enough. Nice find. I think some new body panels around the front and you will be golden. The biggest shame about it is the door. I don't know why people insist on jamming the door open after they hit something and tearing the door up too. Just climb out the passenger side and it won't tear the door up! Good luck with it.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait...what is that tank behind the passenger seat? A homemade propane injection system? Looks similar to that tank that Joe Dirt thought was a bomb but turned out to be an old crapper tank hahahaa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online