Got showerhead?!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I do. Brand new from Ford. 11 dollars my cost. In stock.
E5tz9j306ba

You must be registered for see images attach

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i bought my parts truck there were 5 of them in the front tank.... with broken tips where they connect to the feed line... i bandaged one to use. nice to know ford still stocks them.... *calls local stealership for proper one*

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Well i remember it being general consensus that they were no longer available. Hence the use of fuel hose in the tank for a repair for those 1/4 tank blues.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. i knew they are still avail. but why stick a failure prone item back into the truck?
every truck I've done the hose mod, I get a fully functional fuel tank once again and I don't have to go back in again at a later date.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
no. i knew they are still avail. but why stick a failure prone item back into the truck?
every truck I've done the hose mod, I get a fully functional fuel tank once again and I don't have to go back in again at a later date.

Towcat makes a good point there- but the hose mod worries me at some level, so I just straightened the bends in the steel pickup tube little by little while observing the bottom clearance through the filler neck until the the tube was within 1/8" of the tank bottom. I made a little strainer bag from some ss screen I have, slid it over the pickup tube end and hose clamped it in place.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

I bought a crapload of "stuff" on ebay some time back. I found one of those in the load... My rear tank got harpooned and I decided to install the shower head... Time the Warden asked me do I really want to do that.... I had just hung the tank again too... So I dropped it and installed some hose with a clamp. That my friends is a garinteed fix right there...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The showerhead pickup is the best at being able to suck the last drop of fuel out of a tank, but it is also the most prone to clogging. The older trucks just had a sock, which could leave a few gallons in the tank, but at least they never really could clog unless somebody emptied their mower bagger in your tank or something. The rubber hose functionality varies by implimentation. Pick your poison. LOL

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a brass t with a nipple fitting and a piece of diesel rated hose and stainless clamps. Been 3 years and never a problem. Just cut the hose so t sits on the bottom of the tank.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

X 2! My new shower head was floating in the tank 3 months after install. Hose mod was done on both tanks and will stay that way. I don't trust the stock shower head for good reason.

Heath

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I don't want to jinx myself, but my tanks have never been apart and I'm about to hit 250,000 miles :D Senders and Showerheads still work!

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is something i need to do, my rear tank failed me a while back said 1/4+ tank, pulled out of my subdivision shifted to 3rd gear and vuala, dead in the damn road... so i am going to drop both tanks i think while i am at it and just do the hose trick to both and be done..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would think that, because your from Florida. The land with no rust. LOL Up here, bed bolts are essentially rivets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online