Got my headlight harness in today from rjm :D :D

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parking break is currently inoperable so no haha.

Ok I will email them thanks for the suggestion

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try this - unplug the wire from the parking brake assembly and put a jumper wire in the connector and jumper it to a ground. This simulates applying the parking brake, which deactivates the DRLs. If that makes the relay(s) stop clicking, then the DRLs might well be at the heart of the problem.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try this - unplug the wire from the parking brake assembly and put a jumper wire in the connector and jumper it to a ground. This simulates applying the parking brake, which deactivates the DRLs. If that makes the relay(s) stop clicking, then the DRLs might well be at the heart of the problem.

Being in Canada, we have DRL on 90 up IIRC so I'm going to custom mod my DRL circuit by installing some low wattage bulbs that the DRL activates independently of the main head lights so I can do this relay mod!

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my parking petal serves no purpose i guess i could leave it in its "engaged" position and like you say madpogue if drl is three culprit the relay won't click to much?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem with that is, it also turns on the red BRAKE (!) warning light on the dash. And the primary function of that light is to tell you when the brakes fail hydraulically. So if you ever lost your brakes due to a fluid leak you wouldn't know it. But if that's the direction you're going, I'm pretty sure there's a simple procedure to decommission the DRLs. My idea was just a test, to see if the DRLs were the "culprit".

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that's no good then, guess disabling them is the only way....if their the issue. Then isuppose i can just always
Pull the switch and run lowbeams when I'm driving around

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think the issue is somewhere else.

Plenty of people have done the relay mod on obs up trucks with drl's and I haven't seen it be an issue.

Was it tried with the truck actually running yet?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya i drove it yesterday. But in the day, the lights work but that clicking still happens.......im going to put on the parking brake on tmo then see if it still keeps clicking

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep i tried it with the parking break on today, only clicking i heard was the gps.....(with no parking brake i hear the relay quick rapidly for a second or two

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
what style relays does this kit have? since the LMC kit uses nottobefoundanywhere relays. i am just curoius.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe the DRL module is acting up. Or maybe it's just voltage; have you tried it with the engine running?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug one of the relays. Are the blade terminals arranged all in the same direction? Like this:
_ _
_ _

Or is it like a squared-off letter A? Like this:
_
|-|

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online