Got my Alcoas but might have a problem.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
the first IDI-powered, full-size mini-truck?

black smoke and sparks from the belly pan???

I LOVE IT!!!! lol:rotflmao:rotflmao

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I like the lifted look, but need the tall stacks as I am compensating for a lack of something. LOL

I went and ordered my center caps this morning, should have them this afternoon. It's going to be different though since on the front wheels I have to run the tall rear caps with the centers cut out for the hubs. I'm hoping it looks ok and I dont kick myself for making this trade. The shop owner is cutting the centers out for me and even knocked $20 off my bill since I'm having a hard time with this. I replaced all my lugnuts as he said I needed factory lugs for the caps to work, and thankfully I still had the originals. I should have new pics up later today or tomorrow.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how your alcoa wheels fit the truck, but I just sold a Ford set, and went to take them off, and they would not come off the truck. I ended up loosening the lug nuts and then driving the truck sideways on a steep bank to get them to break loose. Come to find out this is a common problem with the Ford rims-the large opening in the middle fits very snug on the lip of the hub. A little bit of corrosion and they are really stuck.

If yours fit tight in that area, I would clean that area really good and put some never seize or something to keep them from sticking to the truck.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the lifted look, but need the tall stacks as I am compensating for a lack of something. LOL

Oh your right, then here:
You must be registered for see images

I am not sure how your alcoa wheels fit the truck, but I just sold a Ford set, and went to take them off, and they would not come off the truck. I ended up loosening the lug nuts and then driving the truck sideways on a steep bank to get them to break loose. Come to find out this is a common problem with the Ford rims-the large opening in the middle fits very snug on the lip of the hub. A little bit of corrosion and they are really stuck.

If yours fit tight in that area, I would clean that area really good and put some never seize or something to keep them from sticking to the truck.

Your right about that. Common on the newer trucks too. The wheels are centered by the hub and not the lug nuts that's why the tight fit.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Perhaps you are underestimating the amount of compensation I require. :rotflmao

Well guys, got my new caps on. I think they look pretty darn good with the larger front caps. I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out here. Now I just need some polish and larger tires. ;Sweet
You must be registered for see images attach

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Looks great, I've got 225s on right now - those suck :/

She'd look even better with some daytons on.

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok question about alcoas. Came off of a 96 ford dually 2wd. Would those fit say....ummm....my 4wd dually c*e*y? I can duck and move really fast, especially when torque wrenches fly! LOL Seriously, set of alcoas from the ford dually to my d-max? The 95 4wd daully isnt worth acloas yet...it is kinda grungy. The 94 dually is a 2wd but since I can't sell it, I am going to use it as a parts truck.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Perhaps you are underestimating the amount of compensation I require. :rotflmao

Well guys, got my new caps on. I think they look pretty darn good with the larger front caps. I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out here. Now I just need some polish and larger tires. ;Sweet

looks good man. I PM'ed you my phn# if you got polishing questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online