Got embarrassed today by a Toyota

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. The integrated hitch has bit me before too...long story there, but I get your point for sure.

Thanks for the feedback- I didn't realize Toyota was the only one welding in the hitch/xmember like that.

Ryan
toyota isn't the only one but I expect better from them. the much maligned dodge truck has a replaceable module and so does the chevy. nissan is still old school where you get a hitch bolted onto the frame. the newest Corollas are a problem too. a $3k tap on the front will result in 10k worth of airbags going off. instant total.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Are y'all serious? The Tundra is the greatest truck out there! It towed the space shuttle!!!

And dont forget the honda ridgeline. What was that a minivan with a pickup bed?

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are y'all serious? The Tundra is the greatest truck out there! It towed the space shuttle!!!

And dont forget the honda ridgeline. What was that a minivan with a pickup bed?

I'm not sure plastic qualifies it as a "pickup bed". That's what I can do... take my steel box off and bolt on a bed liner... my fuel economy is getting better already. I am learning ancient secrets grasshoppa..

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a my buddy bought a '59 Mac that has been siting for 30yrs. The guys dad used moving/re-locating houses, had the motor rebuilt in '79 and then they parked under a tree in '82. He asked me to help get it ready to trailer back to his shop.

After a couple hours we got the air brakes released and got the wheels to turn on jacks. We need the Mac pulled from its spot, so that we had a better angle for loading on a trailer.
You must be registered for see images attach

So we hooked up my truck. First gear let out the clutch give it the Long Pedal, and we are going NOWHERE!!! The o'l one wheel wonder has nothing. Grabed 2nd, and the right side tire breaks loose, and we got Smoking Tires, Smoking Exhaust, NO MOVING MAC!! Gave it a couple of JERKS, and still now movement.

Hooked up his Toyota Tundra, and with out hesitation he moved from its spot 75yds which put him going back up a incline.

Tucked my tail between my legs and I came home, with a new list of I WANTS and I GOTTA HAVES.

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

Sorry about the hi-jack toyo guys... I sent a pic of the truck to my older brother who has been a truck bodyman/painter forty years.

His reply to the picture

"Looks like a B61 which means it is diesel engine....looks sweet to me....B42
were gas...different (smaller wheel well ) front fenders on. B42 ......."

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the hi-jack toyo guys... I sent a pic of the truck to my older brother who has been a truck bodyman/painter forty years.

His reply to the picture

"Looks like a B61 which means it is diesel engine....looks sweet to me....B42
were gas...different (smaller wheel well ) front fenders on. B42 ......."

It is a Diesel for sure!! 5x4 trans! Looks like we/he is going bare metal, it does have the Butterfly hood.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 2wd model my dad can get upto 20mpg highway if he drives really nice on flat ground. But that drops to 10mpg when towing the 5'r on flat ground and then 7-9mpg if there are hills.

his dad has one that is 2wd also and gets 18-20 with it, but his is 4x4. for whatever reason it really affects it.

I can vouch for Toyota seats being uncomfortable(though not much experience with the Tundra). Driving long distances in the Lexus or in my old Sienna would leave me sore and barely able to walk at the end of a trip. I can easily do 12 hours behind the wheel of the 92 F350 with a bench seat and get out feeling great.

yeah his seats are way too low to the floor.it puts a strange pressure on your back and makes your legs go numb. I am constantly fidgeting around in his truck to get comfortable.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
5 and 4??? You sure its not a maxitorque tri-plex? 5 and 3. Sorry, im a Mack nerd. More familiar with the R models however.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I used to carpool with a guy with a 90s Toyota truck. Pretty sure they just bolt seat cushions to the floor. Very uncomfortable.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a Diesel for sure!! 5x4 trans! Looks like we/he is going bare metal, it does have the Butterfly hood.

Hey Pull-n-TugTx, I have 2 more B61s if he is interested in owning a family. 1 is pretty complete with a big pto winch and gin poles, the other one is just a cab and frame. Located about 80 miles west Ft. Worth.