Got embarrassed today by a Toyota

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a my buddy bought a '59 Mac that has been siting for 30yrs. The guys dad used moving/re-locating houses, had the motor rebuilt in '79 and then they parked under a tree in '82. He asked me to help get it ready to trailer back to his shop.

After a couple hours we got the air brakes released and got the wheels to turn on jacks. We need the Mac pulled from its spot, so that we had a better angle for loading on a trailer.
You must be registered for see images attach

So we hooked up my truck. First gear let out the clutch give it the Long Pedal, and we are going NOWHERE!!! The o'l one wheel wonder has nothing. Grabed 2nd, and the right side tire breaks loose, and we got Smoking Tires, Smoking Exhaust, NO MOVING MAC!! Gave it a couple of JERKS, and still now movement.

Hooked up his Toyota Tundra, and with out hesitation he moved from its spot 75yds which put him going back up a incline.

Tucked my tail between my legs and I came home, with a new list of I WANTS and I GOTTA HAVES.

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Its hard to deny the durability and quality of Toyota products. My Ford or any of the Fords Iv'e had ain't got nothin on any of the Toyotas I have had. To be honest, I find it hard to go back to anything after driving a Toyota for a while, even more so when its a diesel.

Does that Mack have a Thermodyne powerplant and a Tri-plex transmission? The old B models were sure cool... Well, all the old rigs were cool...

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it does Kevin007. Motor still churns, which is a bonus. Gonna give it a an injector re-build, re-built starter, 12 vlt conversion, Knock some paint off of it, drop in down in the WEEDS, with some bags and flipped springs. Then roll around town.

Thats the plan today anyway.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, your buddy's going to resto this cool old Mack "B", Pull-n-TugTx?

He has mighty good taste! ;Sweet

Yes he does. Got the cab pulled and fenders pulled off, pulled the rear axle, and the axles pulled. Know its time to find parts, not a restoration, more of give it some life and give it some open road. We are thinking Rat Rod ish

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played with a 62 pete butterfly hood for a few years. Got too expensive so I sold it. It had a 280 cummins and a 5x3 trans. Shifting and showing off was fun though. Tires are $500 ea and 12 gallons of oil is $$$ too. I ran walmart 15w40 in it and the used oil analysis came back stellar! It was mobil delvac according to the add pack.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love when people get to see how capable the Tundra is! Having both an IDI and a Tundra, it's a hard choice when it comes time to hook up a trailer. Trucks have come a LONG way since the IDI was designed....

Ryan

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like Diesel blasphemy. Is it time to start telling stories about 20,000 gvw gooseneck loads up and down 6% grades? ...lol

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
4wd and autos make life so much easier, that said power wise my IDI and my dads F150 (4.6L) are probably pretty even and his might have a bit more. That said my IDI will be a lot more stable towing and can outdo his truck any day of the week in the 1/8th (or at least 60' :) ) but...he can out brake me in his sleep

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Weird, every time there's one at the truck pulls they fall flat on their face. The local dealer had one all built up with all the yota add on and stickered it up as the "tundranator" and every time they came to pull they'd get about half way down the track and run outta steam. Never impressed me....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love when people get to see how capable the Tundra is! Having both an IDI and a Tundra, it's a hard choice when it comes time to hook up a trailer. Trucks have come a LONG way since the IDI was designed....

Ryan
ryan-
wait until the Tundra gets wrecked. every single one that has come through my shop barely escapes getting totalled. the one piece frame helps and hurts the truck. helps....a very rigid platform. hurts when the frame gets tweaked, a complete replacement is necessary and very few insurance companies will foot that bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online