Glowshift Gauge Install: Boost, Pyro, & Tranny

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
so i have had the gauges in for about 2 weeks now and i was driving to school this morning, had the red back light selected and the light dimmed way down on my trans gauge. all the other colors work fine.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the ground or the connector on the aft of the gauge mine did a similar thing and it was the ground

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i will check the ground, but all the gauges are grounded to the same spot. wouldn't all the colors be messed up if it was a ground? i did unplug the gauge and plug it back in but it didn't do anything.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
could be a weak ground or connection on that wire, could be the bulb, it is possible to overload a ground but I would be like you and think all guages would be affected

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
My oil pressure gauge only has the color blue when it wants to. If you go to change the color the light just goes out. Catch it at the right time of the day and i can get it to turn green. Idk something inside is ***** :dunno Warranty my friend warranty

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure mu pyros memory only works sometimes it dosent hold mem wile i am cranking and the others do turned out it was the ground

Reaction score
Question 94

Erick looks great but I have a couple of questions. While looking at the install instrctions it shows 1999-2007 power stroke, I'm guessing no big deal on that. If I'm reading it right the new pillar goes over the exsisting one. Is this correct as well, as I would like to do this but I would like a professional look. Thanks Curt;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Erick looks great but I have a couple of questions. While looking at the install instrctions it shows 1999-2007 power stroke, I'm guessing no big deal on that. If I'm reading it right the new pillar goes over the exsisting one. Is this correct as well, as I would like to do this but I would like a professional look. Thanks Curt;Sweet

those were autometer instructions. i was looking at autometer gauges first and i was looking for pyro install for the most part.
yes the new pillar will go over the old one. i drilled a 1/2" hole near the bottom of hte factory pillar so i could feed my wires through. the glow shift pillar does not fit all that well when just held up but once you mount it with the supplied screws it fits just fine. i am more than happy with the look of the install.

update on my gauge light issue.
i emailed gs tech support. they said to take the gauge out and connect the two power wires directly to the battery and the ground wire to battery ground. then if the gauge lights work then it is my connections. yesterday morning when i left to go to work the red worked, but only for a few miles. did not work on way home. same story today. just when i got home the only colors i have now on the trans gauge is light blue, dark blue, and green. no yellow, purple, white, red. the yellow, purple, and white don't even come up now. i am pretty sure it is the gauge.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
today i got a trans temp gauge back.

i plugged it in and it lit up and everything worked fine.........except, there is always that expectLOL, the bezel piece on the front of the gauge is kind of loose and when i try to turn the gauge in the pod the back lighting goes funky again.

we will see tomorrow morning on the way to school how it does.
i was also dissapointed that i did not get any kind of not telling what they found wrong with the gauge.

BTW, egauges.com has some GOOD prices on ISSPRO gauges. if i had found that site before i got my gauges i would have gone ISSPRO.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Most of my bezels on my gauges would spin as well. What it does is it tweaks the button sideways that changes colors. Make sure u spin the outer ring back so the little button is straight and clicks nice and solid.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Most of my bezels on my gauges would spin as well. What it does is it tweaks the button sideways that changes colors. Make sure u spin the outer ring back so the little button is straight and clicks nice and solid.

ya that is what was happening. this morning everything worked fine as far as the lights go. my trans would get up to around 120* then it would go back down. then the gauge fluctuated slightly based on throttle input.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im getting ready to install a glow shift pyrometer, i was going to drill it right at the number 8 cylinder is this correct. or do i drill it between 6 and 8 cylinders. One more question I see a couple of you guys have turbos. when you did the drilling and tapping sis you do anything special to prevent shavings getting into the turbo. ive read about grease on the drill bit and tap. Just wondering what you guys did when installing yours when you had to worry about the turbo getting debris. Thanks Guys