Glowshift Gauge Install: Boost, Pyro, & Tranny

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im getting ready to install a glow shift pyrometer, i was going to drill it right at the number 8 cylinder is this correct. or do i drill it between 6 and 8 cylinders. One more question I see a couple of you guys have turbos. when you did the drilling and tapping sis you do anything special to prevent shavings getting into the turbo. ive read about grease on the drill bit and tap. Just wondering what you guys did when installing yours when you had to worry about the turbo getting debris. Thanks Guys

Drill it at either location.6 was much easier on mine. With the turbo any oil mist from the cdr is distributed evenly to all cyclinders. I've heard to use grease, let engine run, use vacuum or magnets. To be safe, it only took me ten minutes to remove the crossover pipe. Let engine run for a few minutes after drilling and put pipe back.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i did not do anything special when drilling and nothing bad happened. just go slow and the chips will fall out. i drilled mine from the bottom as well. i did have a vacuum right be the bit though.