Glow Plugs

askikr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all mine last week. I was having a issue with my GP controller. It would not turn off. the plastic housing around the relay was melted. Before I changed the plugs I performed the "manual" control mod.

My plugs were very easy to change(all beru's). All of my connectors were just metal. The insulation rotted of long ago. I took some air and blew around the plugs to get the area clean. I thought the debris was pecan shells from a rat eating around my engine but figured out it was the connector insulation. I used anti-seize on the new plugs.
A wiggler socket is a MUST imho.

Made a HUGE difference in the way it starts. I love the manual control also.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new set of plugs in mine at the first of summer with a manual toggle switch and last week it started acting like they went bad. I have had to use either the last few days. What would cause the gps to go bad that fast? I can hear my solenoid clicking but my inside light does not dim like it did when they where working!:mad:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I put a new set of plugs in mine at the first of summer with a manual toggle switch and last week it started acting like they went bad. I have had to use either the last few days. What would cause the gps to go bad that fast? I can hear my solenoid clicking but my inside light does not dim like it did when they where working!:mad:

sorry to be capton obvious but did you leave the switch on by accident.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
no sir. I have a toggle switch that goes off after you let go so I know it was not me. It would crank over good after 4 seconds when I first put every thing in. I took one out last week and it had a little bit of crud on it but I think that should be normal. I am using some gps I got off ebay like these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ150567486270QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

do a quick check and see if any are burned out. i got one last set of factory international GP's but i am thinking about switching over to the delco 60G since i run a manual controller again.