Getting ready for winter

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I am getting things all ready for the snow. I got my front driveshaft shortened as a favor return form someone I know. I JUSt put the three new U joints I had in it and what a PITA those double cardan joints are to rebuild!!!!

Anyways, with that done, I am just waiting on the yoke I bought from Sean (6_Nebraska_IDI's, thanks a MILLION AGAIN Sean!!!!) to arrive in the mail over the next couple of weeks and I am ready to drive in the deep snow again.....almost :rolleyes:

BOTH inner axle seals are leaking. I know I need to pull both axle shafts to do this, which means stripping the axle down to the knuckles and ball joints to remove them. Be a good time to check my bearings and whatnot out too.

How big of a job is it for me to tackle my own inner seals? Or should I envoke the skills of BigRigtech for some $$ and get it done that way? I can't afford to have this thing sitting around, so I don't want any surprises.

Are there any online manuals for such a job?

Once this is done, I am DONE getting ready for the white gold. For once, I beat it!!!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
they aint to bad. he probly has the slide hammer needed sometimes to pull them into the tube. you need to remove the tierod and diff cover. then undo the bearing caps and pry out the chunk. then using something long enough to reach(i used allthread) tap the old seals into the center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online