Get the glovebox out, how?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohoh, I found a mice nest in my glovebox.
I like to clean all that up, but is there a mistery way to get the glovebox out without me breaking all those very brittle plastic lips and pins?
Since all them are so brittle (seems to me) I didn't dare to go wild yet.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Details?
book said slip it out of position last I recall..
not gunna go look at mine now.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I opened the glovebox as you are supposed to do, and then I don't knw how to get the lid of the hinges at the bottom (without them breaking off), is there a system or so for?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I remember, you remove the door stop and let the glovebox door hang down. Removing the inner box is simply removing a couple of screws and pulling the box out the glovebox door. It has been quite a while since I did this.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just for you, I braved the 21 degree weather and the snow on the ground as I ventured out to my 02/94 F350. Open the glove box, push the two stops on the sides in towards the center. They might even have black rubber bumpers around them. Once those are out, the box itself just flops out.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, That's nice, so that gives a warm feeling to my raincoat who is for the fire, still drying after going trough the thunder storm yesterday evening which soaked me when I went looking for how it was actually mounted.
Thanks.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I remember, you remove the door stop and let the glovebox door hang down. Removing the inner box is simply removing a couple of screws and pulling the box out the glovebox door. It has been quite a while since I did this.
I've found some from the factory are glued on, not screwed on. Maybe depends on year. My 93 was glued together, no place for screws, the molded bosses are not even there to add screws.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just for you, I braved the 21 degree weather and the snow on the ground as I ventured out to my 02/94 F350. Open the glove box, push the two stops on the sides in towards the center. They might even have black rubber bumpers around them. Once those are out, the box itself just flops out.
FYI, mine was so brittle, the sides of the box cracked and broke before you could flex either side enough to get it out. Had to scavenge a replacement.