gauges and pods

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometime tonight or tomarow i am going to be ordering a fuel pressure, water temp and oil pressure gauges. already have a glowshift 3in 1 gauge for egt boost and about to plug oil temp into it.
i plan on doing a tripple pillar with the water,oil press and fuel pressure on it and the 3 in 1 on the dash similar to what alienturtle did.
any tips on the gauges. and any advice or links for pods would be nice.
this one for the dash

or somthing like thisthey have one to sit on the left side too. and just fill the hole with another gauge downn the line. prob a fuel level gauge.
any ideas?

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
in my experience with the pods on the dash is that our dash arnt anything close to flat. That is why i made my fiberglass pods mold to the dash. You can probable get those universal dash pods to work with some cutting a playing around.

as far as fuel pressure goes.. the best place to get it is at the fuel filter head itself. If you dont have an open port i would un thread the pressure sensor that trips the fuel filter light and put a T into that..that way you can screw the old pressure sensor plus your new fuel pressure sensor into it. Or if you dont care about the old sensor put it in the tool box and just thread your new fuel pressure sensor into the filter head. It is 1/8 npt.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks alienturtle.
I was conteaplating going with the guad pillar but it seemed alittle high.
Mainly looking for ideas to put the 4th gauge I don't want it all half assed.

Thanks that's exatly what I needed to know on the fuel pressure:D

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
There is a 4 gauge pillar pod available.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Here is what it looks like.

You must be registered for see images

* This photo is property of countrybobrob on PSN, and is only being used for reference purposes only.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Well if your real short it would probably be a little harder then if your a tall person. There saying they can see the top gauge perfect.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im not really all that short. 5,10.
bottom seems to sit really low to. i wish i had one i could put up to see how itd look in person,
dont wanna buy somthing and have it be a waste of money you know?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well im not really all that short. 5,10.
bottom seems to sit really low to. i wish i had one i could put up to see how itd look in person,
dont wanna buy somthing and have it be a waste of money you know?

tell ya what buy it if you dont like it i will buy it from you and cover some shipping i am defently going to get one. but if you dont like it ill just get it from you

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
I hate to blast your 3 in 1 glowshift, but if it was like mine I wouldnt plan on it lasting the truck out.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell ya what buy it if you dont like it i will buy it from you and cover some shipping i am defently going to get one. but if you dont like it ill just get it from you

i might take you up on that.
only thing is its gonna cost me an extra 60 dollars to order the 4 pillar pod.
they have a u build it kit on the 3 set up im looking at for 176ish. 3 gauges and the 4 gauge pod comes out to 240ish.

I hate to blast your 3 in 1 glowshift, but if it was like mine I wouldnt plan on it lasting the truck out.
well appartly i have one of there newer more "revised" gauges.
but if it dies just gives mean exuse to replace it with 3 instead of just one. look like a cockpit on the inside;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online