Reaction score
Update
Gauges are ordered and on the way.
Water temp gauge
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
3 pod a pillar
2 gauge dash pod
3 gauge wiring kit for em too:D I'll take pictures when they get here and once everything is installed. I'm getting exited:thumbsup:
Anybody ever use this 3 gauge wiring kit? Anybody know what's in int just wires for 3 gauges or dose it hook the power for the 3 together??

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
it comes with a bunch of wire... you will hook up constant 12v yellow, switched 12v red, ground black , and your sensor wire will be green which goes out to the sender. MAKE SURE YOUR SENDER HAS A GOOOOOOOOD GROUND!!!

thats the only issue i have with these gauges..

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Any other tips?
This is really going to be my first experience wiring. Well 1st and a half.
My other gauge I had one of my dads friends help me with and he did all of the grounds and power sources. I put the gauge on the pillar and ran all the senders and everything but not the hard stuff. I watched him do it all so I think ican do it:thumbsup:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
How about a single fuel pressure gauge with two sensors and a switch to let you see pressure before and after the filter. I think that would assist with some diagnostic work at times, like when the filter is getting clogged.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a single fuel pressure gauge with two sensors and a switch to let you see pressure before and after the filter. I think that would assist with some diagnostic work at times, like when the filter is getting clogged.

I really like that idea but I've already ordered my gauges

gatorman21218

Reaction score

great minds think alike huh?!;Sweet

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gauges are heree!!!;Sweet;Sweet:thumbsup::D:sly
heres what i got done today
last pic is the ground for the old gauge. so far none of the new gauges are wired but do have there harness connected to the beack of them.
just trimmed pod and mounted it and re worked the old gauge into its new pod
here ya go

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 85

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm lost...
Siting here going through the instructions for the wiring and it really isn't clear.
This 3 gauge wiring kit dose it reaplace the harness that comes with each individual gauge or connect to it?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm at it again. Wiring in another gauge!
But I've run into a problem. In the fuse panel under the dash I've used every constant power source to it. So I'm thinking run a wire tithe battery.
How exatly would I go about doing that?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well on my 93 there is a rubber grommet close to the steering shaft you can poke threw and run the wires that way thats the best way and also what i would do is use that wire to power a relay that is triggered by your switched source so that your gauges get their constant power straight from the battery and also their switched power for a dedicated gauge relay so that it never interfers with your trucks electrical

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I likethat idea!
Next time dash is apart I think I'll do that. But for now gauge is in and almost workingg
Seems to funk out every once and awhile ******* itself and flashing then going back to normal. Time to check my wiring:puke:
And I guess I bumped somethin loose because water temp gauge lights up but no signal.
Bout to tear back into her!