gauges and pods

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I might take a long wire and ground it to the frame ifthis doesn't work.
I know that's solid metal atleast.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Im just writing this to help anyone. My batteries are grounded to the frame. As well as to the fenders. Then the two fenders are tied together with the firewall and the core support. The physical gauge ground has nothing to do with the cause tweaking unless the gauge is physically shutting off and on. The ground that is hooked to the sender is what causes most the issues. All my electric senders have their own grounds that run back to the main battery ground to eliminate that issue.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes every once in a while the gauge does physical shutoff and reset itself.
MOst of the time it just tweaks tho. Gonna play with it tomorrow when I wake up and see what I get. Gonna try and fix my boost leaks while I'm at it.
Alien. I think I get what ur saying there. Will try that if this doesn't work.
I really just want to get this gauge to work propey. No use wasting money on autometers when I can have these work.
Then it's on to installing the oil pressure gauge...oh what fun tomarow will be.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
O I understand what you mean. Im not trying get you to throw away your gauges. Just giving you my experience for help. Let us know how it goes

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I know u wernt trying to get me tothrow them away lol. Just that's the only other gauge I'd spend my money on. Especially sense I'm thinking of making a custom dash setup with autometers. ( speedo,tach,fuel,water temp, oil pressure,egt,boost and the rest on the a pillar) is it obvious I like gauges:D?
I'll be back tomorrow with my results.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
O trust me im a big fan of gauges myself

You must be registered for see images attach

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of gauges and switches and 5 speed...god i love that setup.
I probally won't get around to that till next summer when I have time and money LOL
On your fiberglass pods u made. Did u just drill a hole in the dash to run the wires or are they tucked away neatly under the dash carpet.?
That's one of the things I'm trying to avoid is drilling into the dash.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
One might try ferrite cores on the sender wires the purpose of the cores is to elminate emi and rf interfrereance seems like that is the issue these gauges are having almost like they should have them but cut costs and didn't put them on

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One might try ferrite cores on the sender wires the purpose of the cores is to elminate emi and rf interfrereance seems like that is the issue these gauges are having almost like they should have them but cut costs and didn't put them on

I'm not sure I completely follow you there?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Emi electromagnetic. Interference. Such as any other electronic device back feeding through your gauges or causing a large enough magnetic force to interfere with your gauges most senstive electronics have ferrite cores little tiny donut lookin things around their supply and data wiring like the buldge on the end of the power cord for a laptop that's a ferrite core

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 3 gauge a-pillar(not installed yet). Coolant temp, Boost, and EGT from Isspro. Want to do some others eventually. I thought about putting them overhead, like above the mirror. Anybody done it that way before?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Glad i seen this thread...been lookin at the glowshit guages since reading. Got me thinking about getting some for my truck(s). Not to happy to hear some of the reports of erratic operation though. Like the ideas on mounting though, gives me something to build off of.

Has anyone use the 4 pillar guage pod from glowshit?