Fuel tank vent & shower head

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
madpogue said:
With all this in mind, the first thing I think of is a replacement original showerhead....

Hahaha! Good one madpogue !

It's a week later and I have to come back to this topic to apologize and explain why my posts probably seemed stupid.

Simply: Side effects of morphine 3 times per day for chronic pain plus lack of sleep and my memory & focus becomes not very good.

I was thinking back to old "sender" topics discussing modifications/fixes when the senders were thought to be "not available" and I assumed that in this topic, the shower head was no longer available. I ALWAYS like to help find solutions to problems and better ways to do things so that's what I was attempting to do.

I remembered seeing a shower-head somewhere that had a flat piece on the bottom with punched holes about 1/8 inch dia. and that is what I was visualizing. That's what led me way off. I had FORGOTTEN that they actually use a stainless steel screen!

Still, SOME people have to resort to other options because we might not be able to afford the right part or for some reason can't get it. In that case, a good quality stainless steel screen for a rigged up filter of some sort at the end of the rubber fuel line should work.

I just wanted to present my excuse for being so far off track in this discussion.
(pain pills and lack of sleep)

thanks

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixnstuff said:
What are those Lint Traps made from....
>snip

I'm not certain, they appeared to be stainless. I doubt they are carbon steel but they didn't appear to be nylon. All I know is I'll do it and forget about it and sleep at night. If my FSV gets plugged again I'll worry about it but until then they'll be "close enough" lol

For me, physically it's difficult enough to do a job once and I don't want to have to do it twice, NOR for someone else to have to re-do my work at a later time.

Those stainless screens you have would probably be OK, EXCEPT, it looks like there is a grey rubber grommet woven into the end where at attaches to something. My bet is, that since it is only for a clothes washing machine application that rubber or plastic IS NOT fuel resistant. Diesel fuel may eat that rubber up in a couple of weeks. I don't know if you intended to use that grey rubber grommet but I would advise against it.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
>snip

For me, physically it's difficult enough to do a job once and I don't want to have to do it twice, NOR for someone else to have to re-do my work at a later time.

Those stainless screens you have would probably be OK, EXCEPT, it looks like there is a grey rubber grommet woven into the end where at attaches to something. My bet is, that since it is only for a clothes washing machine application that rubber or plastic IS NOT fuel resistant. Diesel fuel may eat that rubber up in a couple of weeks. I don't know if you intended to use that grey rubber grommet but I would advise against it.

I didn't see it but I also didn't look extremely close. It appeared to just be rolled up at the end. Thank you for the heads up, your attention to detail is appreciated.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how I fixed my vent.
I left the top vent alone.
deleted the hose inside the filler neck.
and welded a nipple to the tank, and filler neck.
zero issues filling it up now.
the hose pictured was deleted for better hose

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach