fuel system

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Building a truck with a 6.9 turbo and wondering what you guys would suggest as an electric fuel pump?, or would it be better to run the factory mech. pump. What i would like to do is run reg diesel fuel, red fuel, or used motor oil out of the frt tank and veggy oil out the rear. what would be the best pumps to run for the frt and rear? also fould a cartage type filter in jegs from fram and wondering if it would work as well with 3/8 braided fuel hose. Thanks

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I wopuld suggest that you use one tank just for startup and stopping and have that one run on diesel #2 or biodiesel B100 and have the second tank run on wvo or WMO and heat the fuel system with either a hose in hose or hose on hose type setup. As to your question, I think a Holley Red is great for these motors with no modifications. Its serviceable, you can take it apart and clean it if it gets gunked up for any reason, its rugged and proven and widely available. The Holley red also has fuel pressure at the correct approx. 6 psi rate for our motors yet can flow more than 3X as much fuel in terms of GPH as the mech. fuel pump. If you ever need to replace it its also not a big ordeal. I could change 10 electric pumps in the time I could change one mech. lift pump on a 6.9/7.3. Good luck