Fuel problem found!!!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Finally after fighting and searching for almost a year and a half, I dropped the rear tank the othernight and found my source of problems in the fuel system. NY has had its way with the old girl im sad to say, I eventually cut the tank straps and anything else going to the tank, the rust is too great to salvage much. I found a hole in the side of the tank, not that i recall any fuel leaking before but what ever, and rusted and pin holed fuel feeds on the top of the pickup.

On a lighter note, I am able to start the thing effortlessly on a 1 gallon fuel can i rigged up under the truck, it idles so smooth and quietly its amazing. Not to mention, any haze i had before is gone.

Now, I currently havent got any fuel tanks in the truck, just a gallon can. My midship tank did the same thing. minus the hole (whole other story)

Anyone have a custom idea floating around? I need my bedspace so any inbed tanks are not an option. I keep kicking around a plastic bronco tank idea, but have sence lost all my information on the procedure.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Just search the threads there are a few that have done it, only thing You'll loose is the spare tire if You have one there. You can get a plastic tank and forget about rust.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i got some extra fuel tanks in a parts truck i would sell you. to bad you aren't closer. some how i don't think shipping is an option. :eek: i would be happy with 25 a piece if you make it out this way.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a good rear tank you can have for the cost of fuel and time to come get it.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowboy, if the steel fuel lines are that bad check the brake lines where thru the frame a couple of spots will let dirt collect & rust out the line, its way easier to clean out & replace while the tank is out of the way.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers guys! I really appreciate it, im doing my damnedest to keep her going. I'll shoot a couple PM's in a moment here.

Im going to remove the bed n go to town under there (when I stuff a new tank in) Most of it is that darned under coating crap someone put on VERY cheaply, it trapped more moisture then protect the truck from it. all in all, some stainless steel hardware, and lines n such, n she'll be in good shape. I did get a few pictures before the camera died, so i'll throw em up tomarrow soon as i get a chance too!

Thanks Okie for postin that up for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online