Fuel mileage

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear , What led you to the TPS ?

I put the code scaner on it and there was four codes an three of them were about the TPS so I measured the voltage and it was way off so I took the one off the farm truck ('90 7.3 idi) and put it on my truck set the voltage correct and sifts like brand new. And no I haven't had a chance to fill the truck up yet to measure mpg hopefully I will be doing that soon. Also I have made a custom air cleaner for my truck out off the factor housing and the truck seems to have little more power and less smoke with a maxxed out IP
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the code scaner on it and there was four codes an three of them were about the TPS so I measured the voltage and it was way off so I took the one off the farm truck ('90 7.3 idi) and put it on my truck set the voltage correct and sifts like brand new. And no I haven't had a chance to fill the truck up yet to measure mpg hopefully I will be doing that soon. Also I have made a custom air cleaner for my truck out off the factor housing and the truck seems to have little more power and less smoke with a maxxed out IP
You must be registered for see images

Was your old set up also pulling hot air from the engine compartment? Your best boost would be to route it so it is a true cold air intake. The hot engine bay air can actually hurt performance.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Quickest way to double your fuel mileage is to start burning 50% WMO! If you can get it..............

X2 on that!!! I work as a mechanic/fabricator for the local garbage company, all of our used hydraulic oil comes to my house in barrels when we do our fluid services. We have a dual filter cart that cleans it down to 1 micron and has a water separator to boot. Drain tank into drums, drag home and blend into tank 50/50 with diesel. I run straight diesel in my rear tank for easy winter starting. Haven't tried WMO and there's no shortage of it where I work but I don't have a filter setup at home yet. I live in the Sierras so I'm constantly pulling hills, that being said I average 15 mpg with 4:10 gears and 33's with a ZF and hardly a flat road to drive on. I wind her up good with plenty of throttle regularly. My entire fuel system has been refurbed from fuel supply lines to IP to returns and regularly change the filter every 5k with oil change.;Sweet

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just filled up my truck today and I will baby it around and check the mpg to give you guys a number of what it's doing lol

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I seem to be running into a problem i knew my speedo was off with my 33's but I didn't think it would throw off my odometer too so I can't accurtly track my mpg bc me and my buddy went to out friends grad party and his odometer said it was about 30 miles out(1978 f150) and my trip said it was about 20 so idk what to do lol any help would be nice

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33's won't make your odometer 50% off. Either there's something else waaaay wrong with your speedo/odo, or there's something waaay wrong with your buddy's, or both. Simple math - stock tires are 31" tall, so 33s are 2" / 31" larger, so your odometer should be 2/31, or aprx. 7%, low.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70