Fuel flow question

Ghuds

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but does the fuel flow from the tank, through the separator, to the fuel pump (lift pump)? Someone bypassed the separator on my truck and I think they re routed the fuel lines some crazy way.
Also, is there a filter / separator combo available that replaces the stock filter?
Any input is greatly appreciated.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
From my limited experience with doing this, I think it would be kind of hard to not run the hose the right way. There's a steel line upstream and downstream of the water separator. You just take the stock rubber lines off of these and connect them together. I didn't say that it's impossible to route it wrong, just hard to do. Yes you have the right order of fuel flow. I know that you can get a filter like you're asking about for a (factory) 7.3 truck, but I don't know for a (factory) 6.9 truck. Maybe you could find a 7.3 style filter head and put that on your truck.

Ghuds

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I’ll keep looking for a filter/separator. If not, I’ll look for a 7.3 filter head. Thanks again.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got spare 6.9 fuel filter heads, water separators and 7.3 fuel filter heads here, let me know what you need