Fuel Additive

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
what is the additive needed for use in our trucks? I was talking with IDIeselman today and he told be to get some 2 stroke injection oil to run in my fuel system. I totally for got the name of the additive he told me to look for. Im getting the dreaded injector knock after buying some ultralowsulfer fuel today. I hope it is not a engine knock, it seems to go away right after idle. Thanks.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, after seeing the inside of a BB injector I can fully understand how adding (ashless) 2-stroke oil is a huge plus!
I go one oz per gallon. ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
that or i just got some shcaffers soyguard fuel conditioner and am VERY pleased with it so far and i have only run a half a tank.

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
ive got a case of Polaris injection oil left from when i used to have snowmobiles. Would that work? It is the standard injection oil.

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
Run some valvoline injection oil in it tongiht and it seems to be clearing up. doing it more eratic now. I hope it clears up soon. Maybe im just hearing things.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
All of the Polaris 2 stroke stuff I've seen is ashless. I used to run Gold in my Trailboss 250 4x4 and had some left over when I sold it to pay for my Predator and ran it in my 86 with no problems.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I like using Stanadyne Preformance Formula. I buy 3 gallons at a time and use 4 oz in every tank full. I feel its cheap insurance on the pumps I run. It has worked well for about 8 years and I know the formula has changed over the years but what hasn't.

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
I dont think i will make a habit outa running the valvoline casue it is 5 bucks a quart. I will find some standyne i think. What do i gotta do to run waste oil in my truck? I got some and i want to run it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like using Stanadyne Preformance Formula. I buy 3 gallons at a time and use 4 oz in every tank full. I feel its cheap insurance on the pumps I run. It has worked well for about 8 years and I know the formula has changed over the years but what hasn't.

This is what I use also, the old guy that used to do my pumps said that if everyone used it he would have half the biz.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Howes makes some seriously good stuff . Been using it for many years. The winter additive simply can't be beat if you are in REALLY cold country and for summer use their meaner power cleaner works great, and aparantly all the over the road big truck guys that are running it are reporting the fuel mileage increase to be true ( I've personally never kept track )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes