Front Page question

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a background of the logos... Real light. not in a row.. just about like you have them in your picture... They could have a gray or blue scale to them.... You couls even throw some trucks or gril pics in there like I did on my project review section... Not too much, but just enough...

Strictly Diesel

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
800 pixels? 1024 pixels? welcome to the world of "making all browsers happy". Sucks dont it :D :D . I do like banners that go all the way across, but your right, on smaller resolutions, you end up with the left/right scrollbars. Thats why I always try to keep my images around 800 wide max, so that they arent too large to download, and should fit on "most" browsers.
Darryl,

Make 2 files...

1. A "Flaming" image that Max can use as the "background" for a 100% width table cell across the top of the screen. This image can be something like what you used to make the flames in the banner, squares that will tile nicely. This will give you the look of a banner all the way across without the scroll bars.

2. A second image of the "Oilburners" can and words and the Ford/GM/Dodge logos on a TRANSPARENT background. This image can be smaller, maybe 750px wide and can be centered in the table cell with the flaming background.

When this is all said and done, it will look like a full width banner, but it will scale with changes in screen size (unless someone is running a screen smaller than the banner..yikes).

Hope that helps.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, will have to do it in GIF as thats the only one that will do transparent background. Will give it a try tonight. My wifes 3rd year ball is tonight so it may be late.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
Daryl,

If you could email it to me, I'll see what I could do with it to make it fit. BTW, It looks awesome, very nice job.

Barrett

I've uploaded the Photohop PSD file to my webpage.

www.forgotton.net/stuff/obnet.psd

Its about 1.2 megs, but its the RAW image with all the layers and stuff so that you can manipulate the image however you want.

Anyone is welcome to feel free to screw with it any way they want.

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i screwed with it. well actually my wife did. i like the original. she brought out the logos and shifted them but it seems cluttered now. anyone else work on it?

Attachments

• option1 copy.jpg
    option1 copy.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the more i look at the original, the more i like it (the current one on the homepage)... it has a nice clean look.

swanee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, but maybe the colors on the 3 logos are a little too bright. Also the ram may be a little too dark and interferes with Oilburners. Maybe a faded red or blue? Still pretty awesome though! :cheers: :Thumbs Up :hail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7