Front mount hitch receiver

vlrd56

Reaction score
I guys,I need again some help before ordering a front mount hitch receiver .I am oversea ( france) and I don't understand all détails .
My truck is a Ford F250 XLT Lariat 4 x 4 Diesel from 1991 extended cab and I thinck heavy duty (If you can tell me how to recognize an hd from a normal one ....).
Which makers sell a front mount hitch receiver that could fit my car ?
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Thats a question I can't answer. So I will watch this to see what the answer is. Also thanks for asking this great forum. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some information to help you ...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Not sure about any differences ( I think ALL the diesel equipped models are classified as heavy duty, but I may be corrected on this ). but is that bull bar up front just there for decoration or is it structural? If it's structural seems you you could weld something up to do the truck if you just bought a receiver tube

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I go to pick up my new rig mext week I will take some pics of the front mount receiver it has...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for HD and non HD models, I believe the OP is talking about the D44HD vs D50, these trucks (diesels) came with both. Don't ask me why. I just know they did. I have seen both on diesels several times.

Now as for a front receiver hitch, I personally do not know of any "OFF THE SHELF' ones you can purchase. All I have seen have been custom made from either a rear or just completely one off.

Being that your goal is a front receiver, what is the purpose of it? Just moving trailers around or are you wanting to install a removable winch or is there some other purpose? Knowing the purpose of what you desire can enable us to offer more tailored suggestions. JM2CW

I think getting a rear one and having it made to fit the front would most likely be the best, but not knowing the purpose, I kind of feel I'm advising with no regard for safety or purpose.

Do you have fabrication capability or know someone who does? Please enlighten us more on your skills and what you can either do or have done.

BTW...very good question and that's a interesting truck. Those tubes with wires under the front bumper are those cameras or lights or what?

Al

vlrd56

Reaction score
Thancks for your quick replys,that bring me to built one receiver myself from a 2" tube .
The purpose is for a winch to be able to go out muddy tracks in the woods around the house without the help of the farm tractor when I am stuck
The bars under the bumpers where for a line from front to rear for attaching huskys during rest while arctic races of the first awner

BudLight

Reaction score
I looked around, just a little bit. All I saw for front hitches are 92+. If your truck is a "late" 91 they should fit.
Honestly I do not know Fords that well. Only two things would be different, the bumper style or the frame.

The one thing I know is that they are designed for moving boats and trailers.
If you hook a winch to it, try to pull straight ahead. Use pulleys snatch blocks or clevis's to pull straight.

http://www.hitchesonline.com/pdf/CM_31311_INS.pdf Read the top, of the pdf, please.

The frame in the back is wide, with a cross member. The frame in the front is narrow, for steering, and a cross member. The back is designed to carry more than the front.

Leverage is the enemy, and the equalizer.

Budlight, out... burp