Front end work

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I am getting ready to throw some new tires on, but I would like to get the front end fixed before I do.

What I've got is some pretty serious tire cupping. I know that bad shocks could cause this, so I would like to get a new set. Any recommendations for a good shock on these trucks?

Definately needs tie rod ends and an alignment. Is it possible to get the D44HD front end to not eat tires??? (besides a D60 swap!) :sly

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure all your front end componets are in good shape includung your axle pivot bushings. Cupping can be from out of balance tires too. Just a little off balance they will cupp. Then after they cupp they are even more out of balance. Cause and effect issue. If you replace everything on the front that is bad or just loose, and can do it your self,you save some money rather than putting in a dana 60. If you get a chance to grab dana 60 DO IT though. Much better ride!!!!!!!!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Right now i've got Michelin LTX M/S on there, but I was looking for something else.

Anyone have a good source for all the tie rod ends and bushings?

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa. Thats where I bought all my parts at when I had the dana 50. Actually they were cheaper than autozone for some reason if I remember right. I don't think it really matters where you get them at, they are about all the same I think unless you do alot of off-roading.