front end wobble/shake please help.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 90 f-350 4X4 with Dually conversion has a front end shake or wobble only when going around corners to the left. It gets a lot worse when applying the breaks slightly. There is no movement in the pedal like warped rotors.
Things done on the truck in the last year or so, and checked again that look ok;
Rotors (turned shake back in less than 200 miles.)
king pins.
New dually adapters
used wheels installed.
new link that goes across the front end.

What else could this be? how do I check it?

thanks

jpw

Reaction score
Double check tie rod ends including drag link, steering box to frame bolts, front spring shackle bushings, track bar bushings,wheel bearing adjustment and caster reading. It seems that having shackle in front of spring amplifies any play in the front end on these trucks.

HTH
Jason

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered for install tomorrow the track bar, and bushings for the springs. How hard are the spring bushings to change? any tips on it? do I need to remove the whole spring, or just lift the weight off and do 1 end at a time?

Thanks
Doug

jpw

Reaction score
The spring bushings are a pain but not to hard. A impact hammer with a bushing cuttter really helps as does a press to install the new ones ( springs off). I've also seen the rubber melted/burned out with a torch (even propane works for this) then the shell cut out with a hammer and chisel, not hard but very messy and time comsuming. Be sure to change the bushing in the shackle. For what its worth poly bushings are much esier to install but do not last as long as original for me. If use chose to remove the springs you may want to have new u-bolt on hand as especially the drivers side gets really rotten just above the nuts.

HTH
Jason

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get with Darrin Tosh on this. His truck is developing the same issue I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin