Follow the Thunder Pickle

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Well, I have the stock IP maxxed. I can blackout an intersection when at low rpm if i am not paying attention to my foot. I would max your IP and see how much is unneeded and back it off from there. The boost wasnt as high as it is now when i was running 2 full tuens on the IP. I went back in and got another 2 turns out of it before it was maxxed. I am also running 4 dimes worth of advance on the IP, I have no idea what that actually ends up being as far as advance especially since the IP has 152k on it.

What is the model number for the turbo on your system?

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I'm impressed. It slams up to 15 like nothing, then climbs up slowly to 20. Not bad at all.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even though I have the wastegate bypassed that there is a secondary internal gate and that is the reason for the slow climb after 15 psi. There is a metal slug held in place by a tack weld on the gate area of the turbo. I have a feeling that there is a spring in there that bleeds boost past a certain point. I will be confirming this shortly, after that I believe it's time to get the HX35 mounted up and see what she will do.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah.

I'm curious as to how that was achieved when I'm running much more but achieving no more than 13 psi and standing on it.:popcorn

well acording to your sig you are running much much less a wastegated turbo is limitted in boost by well the wastegate a nongated turbo is either unlimited or in the case of the designs for these engines is linited by the exaust outlet and AR.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Abull78, what are your plans as far as fueling?

im still plottin on the db2, havent made up my mind yet. larger DV and plungers for sure..............still contimplating whats possible with deleteing the governor.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
im still plottin on the db2, havent made up my mind yet. larger DV and plungers for sure..............still contimplating whats possible with deleteing the governor.

just get a spring like i got it will be plenty rpm for you:sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know about that. Wonder if I can set mine up or at least have the next one with it. Usually I hate carrying a cell phone but that would be a useful feature.
it's a double edged sword in a ways. here's a vid on a Norteno who shot a cop in Oakland, Ca last week. LEO's were able to track him to SoCal by his cellphone signal where he was getting ready to jump the border.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=7636861

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... Now this guy will get three hots and a cot for many years to come on our dime... I think after a conviction for something like this you get 5 minutes to make pease with your maker. Then its a bullet to the back of the head out back of the court house... Then the judge says.... NEXT.....:eek:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
thats the way they do it in turkey (I think thats the right country) knew a guy that worked over there and he said that all people convicted of a serious crime(****, child abuse, or murder ect.) all met at a building after a certain period of time since they were charged. In the building was all of the highest ranked judges for that country and they got to plead their case. If found guilty they were lead out a door and shot execution stye. If found innocent they walked free.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... Now this guy will get three hots and a cot for many years to come on our dime... I think after a conviction for something like this you get 5 minutes to make pease with your maker. Then its a bullet to the back of the head out back of the court house... Then the judge says.... NEXT.....:eek:
Funny part is that he's going to be held in solitary due to the fact he's deep in Sureno territory. If he is put in general pop, he's dead;Sweet
Sad part is the cop he shot is finished career-wise. ******* shot him in the lower abdomen/groin area. the docs are struggling to piece his guts back together not to mention his balls.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Put the pig in general population but.... Give him a last meal... His own kind will dispatch him to his maker... Do not pass go... Do not collect $200.00... Your done... pal.....