Fancy turbo mod

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys yes I know I have an IDI but I still respect you guys. Anywy does any one out there know what it take to manually control the turbo pitch on the 6.0? I ask because I want to use one in a strange swap and need to overide the ford computer control on them. Any help would be great and thanks for tollerating another IDI man.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
You'll need a controller to run the vanes. IIRC, it works off of voltage supplied by the ecm to control oil pressure to the vanes. I think there are units out there that will do what you want.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Electronic Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) Control Valve
The electronic VGT control valve is a 4-way proportional hydraulic flow control valve with a closed center position. The valve controls the linear actuator position of a closed loop hydraulic servo by charging and venting the flow on both sides of a piston. Linear displacement feedback from the actuator varies a feedback spring force to move the valve spool to the center closed position when the actuator reaches the desired position. Therefore, the actuator position is dependent only on the control valve current, it is independent of the hydraulic fluid temperature and viscosity."

description of the VGT solenoid