Fan Clutch on The Chjeap

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is a great price for a spare fan clutch. Give any ford dealer parts dept and ask how much they will lighten your wallet. I'll bet your gonna buy this one and keep it as a spare. Many have no idea what to look for when these fail. Well you take a flashlite and a inspection mirror and look at the front side . Look for dirt around the shaft seal. If you see any your clutch is shot and looking for a bad place to let you down. Probably gonna make you walk back to town too. Sometimes our trucks pay us back in spades don't you know it...:angel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36050643385...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1265wt_971

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry guys.. I forgot to post the ebay listing. Typeing with one hand is getting really tuff these days..

gandalf

Reaction score
Sorry guys.. I forgot to post the ebay listing. Typeing with one hand is getting really tuff these days..

What happened to the other hand, Gary? I know you've got two. I've seen them both.

Or perhaps more to the point, what's the other hand doing that it can't type?:eek:

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they go to a serpentine belt and reverse rotation water pump in 92?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Did they go to a serpentine belt and reverse rotation water pump in 92?

Going to serpentine belts did not change the rotation of the water pumps. guys, there is 4 pages of applications in this listing dateing back to 1984. See the large nut. Thats has not changed so it will fit any truck or van idi application. Gees guys.. Look closer next time...
As for typing one handed. I have carpol tunnel in my right hand that giving me very painfull issues. I had surgery in 2000 and its been hurting now for about 2 years. Been getting worse. Was from an industrial so I am getting it looked at today. Probabaly going under the knife again. Really don't want this but tired of the pain. Its worst driving or working here on the keyboard. Funny thing is I can use a shovel all day long and its fine....

gandalf

Reaction score
Good morning, Gary. I'm not sure I was ever aware that you had carpol tunnel syndrome. If you mentioned it before it must have slipped right past me. It can be pretty painful, and it's hard to fix. It's strange, too, in that it seems to be effected by some thing and not others. I've known a number of people at the PO to have surgery for that, and very few found it totally corrected.

Shoveling dirt with your shovel is not problem? Doesn't hurt even a little bit? This is a plot by your wife. I have absolutely no doubt about it. It's time to go out and work on those raised beds again. Maybe you could put raised beds on top of each other, like rice paddies up a mountainside.;Sweet

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am viewing this on my phone so it doesnt show an application list..

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn.. and I just paid $168.00 for one at NAPA.. double damn.. That is a killer price.

Sorry for your hand injury issue. I've known several who have had it. I hope treatment goes well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Seems like I got about 11 years with no issues after the surgery so maybe one more cut and I'm good till I meet my maker... Sounds awful but realistic thinking... This dr I will see today is new to me and not my preferance. Its a work prefered dr so I'm a little suspect. I want to see the dr that I trusted to do my first surgery but the company wont allow me to see him and they pay for it.. Now that really sucks. I pay for it if I want to see him. Seems my industrial package is incomplete and I had a simple muscle strain to my lower back in 1996.. Wow.. I have the MRI showing the bulge at L4 and the rupture into the spinal cord area at L 5.. I wonder whos right.. Me of them... ********.. The new person handling my claim wants to see my paperwork and she will send me all of what she has.. Well been several months and no paper work from her.. Damn liar she is.. But hell.. I'm still here costling them big money seeing their doctors..

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary thanks for the tip. Mine is shot and in need. In this heat and
humidity still got to get ready for ........SNOW!

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey this just arrived, the box doesn't have a motorcraft label on it. and i dont see any casting marks on it.... anyone have a motorcraft unit for me to compare with? have the box? thanks