Family rig revival

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started the interior today

Well it was a nice day out today so I got both seats out of truck and removed that nasty old carpet. Got the floor wiped down and was pleased to not find any rust. I've got a vinyl floor kit I will be installing along with all new weather stripping. I'm really thinking I'd like to install some sound deadening material also. While I am at it I have decided to remove the power rear window and install a normal rear window. I'll keep this updated with pics of the progress.
Austin
You must be registered for see images attach
IMAG0029 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr"]
IMAG0029 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr[/URL]
IMAG0031 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr"]
IMAG0031 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr[/URL]
IMAG0030 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr"]
IMAG0030 by stumpjumper3, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you want for the power rear windows setup? Does it use the factory window?

The truck looks great. That's what mine will look like when I'm done.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on how much I'm going to ask for the window. A big part of that is if it rolls up and down. I don't want to test it until I'm ready to swap incase it sticks lol.I've been told it just replaces the factory window. I have everything to install it I believe, even have the wire and rocker switch.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you decide. I'm sure we can work something out. I'm hoping that irises the stock window and adds rails, a motor and a different seal.

Its to bad ya bought those front adapters, I've got a couple sets that are just sitting atmround at the moment from factory 4x4 trucks.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New protech side underbody boxes

Well i really was never going to use the toolbox/fuel tank combo on the truck and i got tired of it taking up bed space and having to climb onto the truck just to get tools and fluids out. So the guy i work with bought it off of me and i turned right around and bought these two protech boxes. The are their 15x18x30 underbody fully pollished boxes. Had my brother CNC out some brackets and used 1x6 aluminum box tube to space them off the bed.
"]
[/URL]
*Edit* I know my fuel fill spout looks hokey, its a work in progress. Had to get the boxes mounted first so i can rout the front fill around it.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little more progress

Well the other weekend i had a wild hair and some free time, so did the headlights relay mod. Installed some 55watt bulbs too. Very happy with my light output now. Night and day difference.
87515[/ATTACH]"]

I also am working on getting some gauges installe, I got the Autometer ultra lite in electric oil pressure, and water temp.
87517[/ATTACH]"]

Still haven't decided on what pyro yet. I've also been working on getting the A/C going. Can anyone tell me the capacity of our pumps and what pag oil to buy?

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1BRzAxNzUuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzAxNzUuanBn.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • utf-8BSU1BRzAxNzYuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzAxNzYuanBn.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
What kind of lights did you put on? I'm not very happy with the ones I have in my van (still the factory ones) They need to be replaced and I'm not sure if I should buy the same again.
Thanks,
Burt. A bitter, clinging, barbarian at the gate, SOB, Florida *******. Now investing in precious metals: lead.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I like the srw flat beds, this one looks really nice. You sure are taking good care of it. I have ISSpro pyrometers on all My trucks, they cost a little more some times (I get mine from dieselManor) but they are accurate and I think better quality than a autometer, just My preference.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Burtcheca, sorry to say I don't know the brand. I just went to knecht's because that's where the relays were cheapest. I just asked for a light that was white, not blue. He gave me some generic 55watt bulbs most likely China specials.

Exekiel69, thanks for the comments on the truck. Poor thing had a very rough life with the PO. I'm just trying to take care of her in hopes she'll serve us well. Hauled some hay yesterday with her and even with the IP not being timed, I was very impressed and pleased with her performance.
*edit* I'll have to check out isspro gauges.

Last edited:

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bike maker, thanks for the tip. I notice they are only 106 for the gauge, looks like they want you to buy the thermal couple separate.

Well on another note, I went to the junkyard today and got some goodies, perfect shape fan shroud, pigtail for A/C compressor, A-pillar from a 93 for my new gauge pods, and a new oil fill cap. Walked out for under 40 bucks which I think was reasonable.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Diamond Eye PSD exhaust from Summit. Opened it up and was pleased to find that they had put a 98-2003 E series van 4" turbo back exhaust in the box for a PSD cat back. Called up Summit and talked to their customer service manager and he was an ace at taking care of it. He arranged for UPS to pick up the incorrect one and he is drop shipping one from the factory to my door. Great service at Summit. Hopefully i will end up with some y-pipes soon and then i will order the Ft Wayne clutch that Flareside_thun did in his truck. And while i'm at it I'll pop in a new rear main seal and reseal the pan. I'll most likely do this stuff all at once later this fall when our fall planting is in and were down to six days a week again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle