Family rig revival

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New BB code injectors and CAT reman pump

Well i finally bit the bullet and got myself a reman pump. I really wanted to do the moose pump, but i can not afford the downtime and i would rather do the moose pump when i turbo it. So i obtained a CAT reman pump from the local international dealer and a set of BB code injectors and return line kit from Russ. I got the old IP off tonight and the old injectors pulled. So as of 9:30pm i have the new BB's installed and the return lines all plumbed an clamped. So first thing in the morning i'll install the Injection pump and fire her up! I'll post some pics in the morning when its light.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
New injection pump installed. Truck runs great! So much more power and it is soooooo smooth.
[/IMG]
edit* Big thanks to Russ for being patient with me on getting a set of injectors. I felt like i kept bugging him about getting a set but he was great to deal with and his kits are very nice and complete. Great service and great product;Sweet

Last edited:

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New glow plugs, hydroboost, and dually rear

Well i got alot accomplished over the last two weekends. I finally got all my glowplugs replaced with OE Motorcraft. Found six were old beru's, one champion, and of course the one that gave me the most fits was an Autolite. The truck starts much much easier and the wait to start light stays on for a good 8 seconds now. I also did the Hydroboost conversion for the brakes as well. While i was there i went ahead and did new rotors wheels seals, repacked the bearings, and put new pads on. I also bolted on my rear spacers and bolted on my duals to the rear. I have to say, the duals are just what i thought they would be. I really like the way it makes the truck look. I'll try to get some pics up in the morning. I'm also working on my fuel/water seperator setup too at the moment.

Also, how do i get the title of the thread to change when i have it updated. I'd like to change the title date each time i make progress. Thanks

Austin

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Nice truck, glad you found the place! Oilburners is by far the best place to gain IDI knowledge, and get help. You will see after being here a while you get addicted to the site and everyone starts to feel like family.

Wrong "And every body is family!!!" Welcome to the site! Its like a second home.;Sweet

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I wish I saw this thread sooner. Nice looking CC:sly, as you can see, I do have an affection for them. Mine came from Oregon as well. Seems to be a hot place for crew cabs. You have been making great progress, good luck with your rig. Let us know how the fuel mileage compares to the old 'Yota;Really

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Now back to your truck. Where do you park it. I love that bed. I have been thinking a nice dump platform bed would be nice & pratical on my CC. Your truck has so much potential.

Nice truck & welcome to the site.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Tomorrow i'm going to go about installing a CD player out of my old pickup and hopefully the new kicker door speakers also. I'll post up some pics of the truck with the duals and the hydroboost also. I think if anyone is thinking about the hydroboost. Do it! It is amazing the stopping power you gain, not to mention the confidence in town traffic:D

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
ya, really need that stopping power. on the way to a wood run today some retread ran me off the road. he actually crossed the yellow line on the road and proceeded halfway across my lane before he realized i hit the ditch. didnt even to stop and see if we were ok.

sorry for the rant, anyway welcome to the forums, or...ahh...erm.. brotherhood i mean

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:DHere are the pictures as promised

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like those duals with srw fronts i was thinking of doing that once i get a blow out because of over loaded lol

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like those duals with srw fronts i was thinking of doing that once i get a blow out because of over loaded lol

I like the look as well. I will however be putting the matching rims from the set on the front. I promised my father in law the set of alcoa's. Plus it will pay for the cost of the spacers for the front.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get your hydroboost and what did it run you? Also, how was it to install the hydroboost

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get your hydroboost and what did it run you? Also, how was it to install the hydroboost

Got my setup from Ottoparts. Heck of a nice guy. He actually had the pump, bracket, and resevior as well. I ended up not using it because it was a dual pulley setup and i wanted a new resevoir to ensure no leaks. The swap was easy as cake. There is a tech article on it here.
I would check around at the local yards at F450's in your year or newer. I think 100-150 is reasonable to be expected. It really is just a bolt on install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online