Family rig revival

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front dually hubs on

Well i finally saved the coin to get my new 100% american made dually spacers for the front. They are of the best quality and i'm very impressed with the final product. I got them from wheeladapter.com. So here are the final results. On a side note. I have a pair of DRW front dually hubs of a GM D60 if anyone is in the market:sly
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
[/URL]
"]
[/URL]
"]
[/URL]

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have left the SRW front wheels on there, I just wouldn't be comfortable with that much stud left

A few reasons i went with the dually front. I've always dreamed of a CC dually 4x4. I already had a full set of these wheels and tires off my old DRW chev, and my father in law needed tires bad for his 86 Ford F250. So in selling the old tires, it more than payed for the new adapters up front. I'm not worried about the stud length to be honest. I've seen many a semi come through the shop and they dont have any more lug sticking out than i do. As long as there is at least 1/8th in out. I deem it safe, i keep up on all my lugnut torque everytime I wash it. If one was to ever loosen up for some reason, i would know right away. On a side note though, I agree it did still look pretty darn snazzy with the SRW front ;)

Jonathan: I purchased the entire hydroboost setup from a very kind member on here for about 100 bucks. Very reasonable price and i only had to buy one high pressure line and the resiviour(sp?). Any of the high pressure lines can be had from Carquest for about 1/3 the cost from Ford. I actually have the F450 hydroboost powersteering pump still, i did not use it because it was a dual pulley setup and i wanted to keep my single pulley.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
OUCH, those adapters are EXPENSIVE!!!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5560233816_1bf2632f5a.jpg[/img][/url][/URL]
"]
[/URL]

Those lug nut look burried into the wheel. Are they the right nuts?

truck looks good otherwise

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah your not kidding on the adapters. But they are 100% american made steel and machined in the US. To me, that is worth the money. I asked my local tire shop what lugnuts to use and they said that it would be just fine using heavy duty acorn lug nuts. They centered the wheel good and they torque well. I would have used a shanked nut, but with the studs being 5/8 in. That was not an option. I have the same nuts on the rear adapters i got from you.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yeah your not kidding on the adapters. But they are 100% american made steel and machined in the US. To me, that is worth the money. I asked my local tire shop what lugnuts to use and they said that it would be just fine using heavy duty acorn lug nuts. They centered the wheel good and they torque well. I would have used a shanked nut, but with the studs being 5/8 in. That was not an option. I have the same nuts on the rear adapters i got from you.

Is the wheel tapered to accept the acorn style lug nut or was it just a round hole?

The rear adapters you got from me had steel wheels on them and the rim has a taper to accept acorn lug nuts

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the wheel tapered to accept the acorn style lug nut or was it just a round hole?

The rear adapters you got from me had steel wheels on them and the rim has a taper to accept acorn lug nuts

Well to be honest, i'm not sure about that. Now you've got me thinknig though. I dont think they were tapered, but i do remember checking to see that the taper of the lugnut fit in the hole of the wheel.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're just fine showing that many threads on the studs. I had some lugs loosen up on me once, and it was very obvious. By the time they loosen enough to come close to coming off, you'll be really hearing it and the studs will shear off one after another. By the time I stopped from highway speed after feeling some sort of a vibration I had sheared 5 of 8 lugs.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well to be honest, i'm not sure about that. Now you've got me thinknig though. I dont think they were tapered, but i do remember checking to see that the taper of the lugnut fit in the hole of the wheel.

If the wheel is not tapered for the acorn lug nut then you can NOT use them.

You need the washered style lug nut

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the wheel is not tapered for the acorn lug nut then you can NOT use them.

You need the washered style lug nut

I understand what your saying 100% But with these studs being a 5/8, it takes up all the room for any kind of shanked nut. I have a whole set of fancy ones for regular 9/16 lug.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would be changing the wheel studs then.

Didnt those front adapters come with washered style nuts?

i doont think i have seen a 1 ton truck with only 5/8 studs

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes these adapters came with those fancy black oxide washer style lugnuts. However, those are for steel rims, and wont work with how thick the aluminum rims are. I did however this morning go out and pull a lug nut out. The wheels are tapered for a standard lugnut, the reason they look so sunk in, is because the lugnut hole is recessed into the wheel itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online