F350 Price?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Hey All

I'm looking at a F350 Ext. Cab Dually, 4x4 w/ 4 speed (IDI of course) I haven't yet seen the pickup in person, but just conversing w/ the guy via email and phone. Guy says it's a "runner" and good to go. Body looks decent (not all rusted out, some minor rust)

Whats a reasonable $$ figure to give for this pickup? I forgot to ask the year last time I talked with him (very vaque ad) but based on the pics I"m going to guess it's an 85' or maybe an 86'

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Around here in good running condition with no major problems I would say the range would be $1800-$3000. How much is he asking for it?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All

I'm looking at a F350 Ext. Cab Dually, 4x4 w/ 4 speed (IDI of course) I haven't yet seen the pickup in person, but just conversing w/ the guy via email and phone. Guy says it's a "runner" and good to go. Body looks decent (not all rusted out, some minor rust)

Whats a reasonable $$ figure to give for this pickup? I forgot to ask the year last time I talked with him (very vaque ad) but based on the pics I"m going to guess it's an 85' or maybe an 86'
look carefully at the reg. if you live in a state that checks your VIN to your GCVWR, you might want to think twice about doing this. F350 SC 4x4 dually never came from the factory as such and animal. Unless they went through a professional builder and certified the build to a higher GVW/GCWVR, the your VIN will still be at a F250 SC 4x4 SRW rating. I've learned from a friend's WA DOT port-of-entry nightmare, that they do check and they stopped him cold on his vacation until he had the proper truck show up to haul his fiver. he had a '86 F250 4x2 that had the arrowcraft dually conversion. WA DOT didn't like him hauling a 13k fiver with the truck setup the way it was.
just my .02

wmoguy

Reaction score
look carefully at the reg. if you live in a state that checks your VIN to your GCVWR, you might want to think twice about doing this. F350 SC 4x4 dually never came from the factory as such and animal. Unless they went through a professional builder and certified the build to a higher GVW/GCWVR, the your VIN will still be at a F250 SC 4x4 SRW rating. I've learned from a friend's WA DOT port-of-entry nightmare, that they do check and they stopped him cold on his vacation until he had the proper truck show up to haul his fiver. he had a '86 F250 4x2 that had the arrowcraft dually conversion. WA DOT didn't like him hauling a 13k fiver with the truck setup the way it was.
just my .02

Damn your good Towcat!! LOL

Just talked w/ teh seller. It is an F250 w/ the Arrowcraft dually conversion.

I'm not sure what Colorado has going on with such a regulation. I'll have to look around on that. Thank you!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Damn your good Towcat!! LOL

Just talked w/ teh seller. It is an F250 w/ the Arrowcraft dually conversion.

I'm not sure what Colorado has going on with such a regulation. I'll have to look around on that. Thank you!

They don't have to do anything with the regulation, as long as you are towing under the F250 GCVW, you will be fine.

And Yes,..Towcat is Good!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not good. I just have the visual of my friend's "RV" adventure permanently etched in my mind. The look of anguish on their faces while being stuck there was something you don't ever want to see. Fortunately they could use the fiver while they were waiting for me. Otherwise, it would have been pure torture on the family. They couldn't unhook until I got there, they weren't allowed to turn around and head south back to kali. They were just plain trapped due to bureaucratic red tape. Those of you who are professional drivers know what it's like to have a rig "red tagged" but a family being held hostage is a whole other experience.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gees... Towcat knows what hes talking about. Being in the wrecking and towing business he should know.... Hell. I would have not thought to ask if that rig came that way or it was customized. It may look like its factory but... What are the springs and the brakes going to be. I do know a dually has 1/2 inch wider brake shoes on the rears of any 1 ton rig but the front pads are the same as any single rear wheel rig being a 1 ton setup. These trucks in 3/4 ton can pull most any load... Its trying to stop them safely that makes them DOT noteworthy... they are not trying to mess with you.. they mostly want to keep you and others on the road as safe as possible. Someday I want to convert my single rear wheel to a dually rig. The vin will never tell DOT that but I really wont ever be towing anything heavy that a dually is able to do... I just like the dually look. I will be installing a dually 4.10 spring and differancial under it whenver I do this.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
This is why I intend on keeping my 5er under 10k .

My wife and I looked at a really nice 12k lb trailer and had to walk away on account of the dot giving me hell on towing it.

The laws vary by state, but in CA if you have a Class C license you have to have an endorsement to haul any fifth wheel over 10k lbs. So even if you are under your GCVWR limit on the truck (truck+trailer total weight) or your trailer weight, you might still be over the legal limit...

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl648/dl648.pdf