Enjoying the results of the work..

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all the work we find ourselves doing at times to these older trucks, its nice to just spend a weekend or so enjoying them. Here are some pics of a couple of recent camping trips and an afternoon wood run.

A nice pic my buddy took of my truck one night..
You must be registered for see images attach

My sister in law's 4 Runner and my truck, after a wood run.

A small part of the massive family I am married into going for a ride in the truck, they loved every second of it.

This was what my nicely stacked wood run looked like after I took another sister in law and her boyfriend for a quick run around the river...

Of course fun comes with a price, in this case, I managed to snap the back fuel tank strap (well it just rusted apart) so the fix was a little field install of a skid plate I had been meaning to install for about 2 years.

The campsite set up this time around, Cavalier provided delivery of the skid plate from above and appropriate tools from home.

Gotta love living in the country!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like everyone had some great fun. Sad to see there was some repair issues but simpley handled easiely too. thats the beauty of owning these simple rigs. They are like the Hondas of the 90s. they just run nearly forever with little or nothing done to them... Plus they get great fuel mileage.. Our trucks are Hondas on steroids...:eek::D:angel:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup! Considering this truck was in the back field of a farm for who knows how long, this block has been good to me. We have a new baby on the way this fall so that means I will be getting something that will hold more people. Probably still end up with an IDI, just an ext cab.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say, is a CC makes it so much easier to fit lil ones in...open back door set kid in be done, throw some captains chairs in front so wife can reach behind n tend baby...all good...or pass through to tend baby...Yer golden!

Good goin on new kid on way btw..

Truck looks great too

Al

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few people suggest a crew cab over an ext cab. I'm starting to lean towards the crew cab for just those reasons.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
IMHO with the IDI era extended cabs Id go crew cab in a heartbeat, newer trucks that have a set of doors for the back seat (half doors really) vs having to climb over/around the front seat its a toss up on.

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the crew cab have for seats in the back? I wouldn't subject anyone to the back seat in the extended cab. Looks like a church pew and if you get bumped by someone from behind, anyone in that seat is going to end up with their head through the back glass.

Tim.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
The back seat in my crew cab are real seats, not like the extended cab rear seat. Very comfy actually, with lots of leg room for full size people. They're not called cowboy Cadillacs for nothing. :sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online