End of Legacy.....IDI retirement.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I'm keeping all the info from the original cab and swaping them over to the new cab, the donor truck is a 1990 F150 made in the U.S my F250 was made in Canada. Not to proud of the donor truck being made in the U.S but oh well, no one will know...exept me, witch is gonna bother me..... but whatever no differents really.

oh yea,well which cab has survived longer.:D;p

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
lol the F150 cab is in great shape, has half the mileage mine has. lol but does need abit of work but no big deal.

Heres the donor truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The Logger is Canadian, your Ford plants put together some nice trucks up there, thanks.;Sweet Hope the US version treats ya good.

Looks like your truck is just getting a well deserved break. My oldest son is 13, sounds like I'm headed into something like this also. Sounds like good times are to come. Good luck with your build.:thumbsup:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
To late lol, the box is sitting on my 89 F150. and it's comming home this week to be striped also.

Got it for 500$, no engine/trans.

All brand new body parts, doors, fenders, tailgate and good junk yard hood.

Interior is mint other than some wear on the seat.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I already know, but I'm going to ask anyways...what are your plans for the interior? Are you going to keep the F-150's interior, or are you going to swap to the F-250's?

If you're by chance swapping to the F-250's, I want those F-150 red door panels like nobody's business -Drool

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the interior is the same in the 150-450
Yes, I know, but I asked my question after looking at the pictures he posted of the F-150...and I wanted to be sure he knew which panels I'm talking about. Not many people like the red interiors, which is why I thought he might swap interiors between the two trucks (considering that, based on the one pic, the gray interior in the F-250 looks to be in good shape other than the rust).

Considering that I'm actively looking for a set of red XLT door panels from a later '87-'91 truck (with the pocket under the armrest; the earlier '87-'91 trucks didn't have that pocket and I'm not sure when Ford added that pocket in), I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow...not many people prefer the red interior. Honestly, I'm keeping mine red for tradition's sake...that's the color the truck is now, and I'd like to keep it that way.

At least out here, finding red interior panels in good shape isn't all that easy a thing...most trucks are either blue, gray, or :puke: tan...

mahatma171

Reaction score
:) this reminds me of about a year or so ago, I was still running the diesel K5, big guy gets up in the passenger seat, I hear this huge POW!! Then the guy says to me, "Why in the heck do I feel like I am leaning to the right?" I said, "I don't know, but if I were you, I'd hang on real tight to that grab handle above your head." I didn't want him to go through the floor and bump his @#$# on the pavement, LOL

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I think I already know, but I'm going to ask anyways...what are your plans for the interior? Are you going to keep the F-150's interior, or are you going to swap to the F-250's?

If you're by chance swapping to the F-250's, I want those F-150 red door panels like nobody's business -Drool

Personnally I LOVE red interiors, but for the shakes of keeping the truck as original as I can, i'm keeping all the grey interior out of the F250.

The 89 F150 witch i'm driving now has a red interior also, love it to death!! :D

I gotta find me a big 70's Lincoln Continental with a green interior, I love those, green and red interiors are my 2 favorites :D

I'm not sure what were doing yet with the red interior out of the '90 parts truck, my dad looks real interested in having those panels with electric windows/locks in the 89 F150. Only if they work though, so we'll have to try 'em first.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Oh wow...not many people prefer the red interior. Honestly, I'm keeping mine red for tradition's sake...that's the color the truck is now, and I'd like to keep it that way.

At least out here, finding red interior panels in good shape isn't all that easy a thing...most trucks are either blue, gray, or :puke: tan...

my truck has red interior, well not all red but mostly red, the seat, headliner, and carpet is all red the dash and trim is black :sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what were doing yet with the red interior out of the '90 parts truck, my dad looks real interested in having those panels with electric windows/locks in the 89 F150. Only if they work though, so we'll have to try 'em first.
No worries and no rush ;Sweet if your dad decides he doesn't want the panels, I definitely want 'em :angel: -Drool