Edge Insight CTS w/pyrometer

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Getting stoked...my Edge Insight CTS is on its way! NO more guessing in terms of temps.

Ordered from Thoroughbred Diesel.

Can't wait!

Thad

tractorman86

Reaction score
Should have gone with the sct livewire, they are one of the few that control the trans, I don't believe the insight does.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
True but I have no intentions of doing any tuning. Just want to monitor the vitals....and this is over $75 cheaper.

Thad

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Why not just use some regular gauges then?:dunno

Just asking. i know you allready bought the tuner.

Really? The price to buy guages that can monitor everything that I can monitor would be way over what I paid for this. I now don't have to have gauges cluttering up the pillar, dash and under the dash to monitor the same as what I can with this. I can also set alerts for those times when I am not paying attention and exceed a limit that I can define. That and the installation time was about 3 minutes besides the pyrometer (still haven't done it yet).

I guess it comes down to personal preferance.

Thad

tractorman86

Reaction score
What all does the insight monitor? I've never owned one, I do understand the instal time and clutter though.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Really? The price to buy guages that can monitor everything that I can monitor would be way over what I paid for this. I now don't have to have gauges cluttering up the pillar, dash and under the dash to monitor the same as what I can with this. I can also set alerts for those times when I am not paying attention and exceed a limit that I can define. That and the installation time was about 3 minutes besides the pyrometer (still haven't done it yet).

I guess it comes down to personal preferance.

Thad

in that case then yes i agree with you. i don't like the idea of all the clutter either. will the edge monitor pretty much everything that can be monitored on the truck?

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I think fuel pressure is one that can't be monitored but I am not 100%. I knew it monitored what I care about as of now. There may be a time when I want to know more but I think this should be enough.

Thad

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to say but the Edge CTS is very inaccurate in terms of ECT/EOT. They are known for being inaccurate in there areas which could definitely cause a scare of possible head gasket problems.

Edit: Fuel pressure and oil pressure are ones that i dont think the edge will monitor, they might be able to do it with add-ons but in stock trim it wont.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Im sorry to say but the Edge CTS is very inaccurate in terms of ECT/EOT. They are known for being inaccurate in there areas which could definitely cause a scare of possible head gasket problems.

Can you quantify that comment. I have a hard time believing that. If you got info to back up that statement please share...

Thad

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you quantify that comment. I have a hard time believing that. If you got info to back up that statement please share...

Thad

IF you go over to Powerstrokenation.com or powerstrokearmy.com and maybe even powerstroke.org, there are tons of people that can provide you with the reviews and evidence to back this statement up. Ill see if i can find some of the threads myself.

I use the SCT Livewire with TSD, Innovative and Gearhead tunes in our 6.0L.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
Here is a cool feature of the CTS

Injector Balance Rates

ALERT THRESHOLD

Add a turbo timer

This package includes an Edge Insight CTS, Edge EAS Expandable pyrometer probe, Edge EAS accessory plug, Edge EAS 0-100psi pressure sender and a fuel pressure test port adapter for the secondary fuel bowl on the 03-07 Powerstroke. The package we have put together for you will allow you to monitor fuel pressure, EGT's (pyrometer) Transmission Temp, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp,Boost, FICM Voltage and many many other PIDS all from one central location, putting it light years ahead of all the competitors. This is the package all 6.0 owners NEED!

http://www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=111

2 stroker

Reaction score

Thad
dakotajeep don't worry about it all the PSD forums i belong to i have never seen that one Dieselstop,powerstrokenation,powerstroke.org and others never seen it enjoy your Edge
2 stroker

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online