E4od dipstick

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a longer stick and tube available to get the end of the tube up around a reasonable place to check? buried behind a/c condenser and heat ductwork is most inconvenient. I could get by with it if I didn't want a heater I guess

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Shop in a wrecking yard for a van application rig. then you cut it down to fit what you want but caution. Before you cut the tube and the stick look at how much of it sticks out of the tube. You do not want to loose the correct trans level. Under or over fill a trans and you make big trouble. Looking at the year of your rig I have to assume you have the E4OD auto trans.

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I gutted the side of the condenser box and made it accessible...so I'll need to find one before winter if I want heat in the cab, what a horrible design

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe you could use the dipstick and upper part of the tube from a truck with the factory turbo. If I rember right, the factory turbo trucks with an E4OD used a different setup that brought the end of the dipstick up close to the oil dipstick along the left side head.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops. I meant the right side head.

Just for your info. We try to or should refer to an engine or most anything else as the Passenger side or Drivers side, there is no question about which side is referred to then.

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the same thing even when referring to farm equipment, regardless of the decals that plainly state "no passengers".

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
When you find a source, let us know, i also need an e4od dipstick as my handle is broken. Just to let you know my van dipstick is 58" long, how long is the truck dipstick?

There are some on ebay but they are only 30" long.

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, but it may not be until winter when I plan on rebuilding and installing a 94 e4od. Just getting my parts together now. Removing the driver side of the furnace box helped greatly

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a factory turbo a few years ago which came with a auto dipstick, my truck is a stick therefore I'll never need it. I think that dipstick & tube is still in a box out in our barn. I'll check this evening and report back.

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a factory turbo a few years ago which came with a auto dipstick, my truck is a stick therefore I'll never need it. I think that dipstick & tube is still in a box out in our barn. I'll check this evening and report back.
Checking a parts breakdown of my turbo today I just noticed an atf stick in the kit.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pic of the one I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin