E4od acting a little crazy

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I checked the plug on the passenger side of the transmission and both the connector and the plug have liquid in them I am assuming that it is transmission fluid. Now I have to decide whether or not to buy a solenoid pack and install or just install the transmission I have. I hate to buy a solenoid pack and it not fix the problem but on the flip side i don't want to swap the transmission.

Wait, so you have a complete spare transmission? What model year is it? You can just swap the solenoid packs, no need to switch the entire transmissions... It's just a few (torx-head IIRC) bolts that hold the pack in place, once those are removed the pack can simply be pulled down away from the separator plate. You may have to push down on its harness connector from the top side as you pull on the pack w/ the other hand, sometimes the o-ring around the connector gets stuck to the transmission case and needs a bit of persuasion to get sliding down the bore, but it will come out fairly easy. But before all that make sure both solenoid packs have the same shape of connectors, you don't wanna waste an hour swapping packs just to find out the truck harness won't plug in the "new" one.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Your pack is no good. ATF in the connector is a death sign.

Like LCAM- said in his post swap the pack. Tighten the screws 80-100 inch pounds. Working from the center out.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the transmission is from a 92 with only about 1500 miles on the rebuild. The connector on the exterior of the transmission is the same. I guess I was just afraid that I could screw something up in the rebuilt transmission taking the solenoid pack out. Is there anything else I should be concerned about with removing the solenoid pack from the donor transmission. Does the plug sticking out of the top of the transmission slide down through the transmission when it is removed.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I changed out the solenoid pack tonight. I took it for a test drive and it seems to shift a little different(not bad just different than it did before). Only time will tell if it is going to be OK. On the plus side the OD light didn't start blinking. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online