droped my pyro is it shot

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i had it resting on my flat bead an not thinking i was playing with the bed and it fell off -cuss is it shot i havent had it hooked up yet it came with the truck but i need to buy a prob for it which is only 40 bucks but no im afraid i may ave screwed up the pyro what do you all think

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
plug it in and see if it works. :dunno Its one of those things. What did it do to the case? Dents? Cracked face?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My best swag would be no.. It isn't ruined but you have only told us it fell. Not how far... what it looks like now. Do any partd rattle around in it. Is the pointer no longer pointing to anything special... Need more imput for any logical output....

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the case is fine the needle isnt stuc to zero tho u can make it move by twitching the guage i cnt remeber if it did that befor or not i used a truck battier and touch the positive and groundd it and it jumps up and goes back down when u let of i only touched it quick a couple times to see if it woud work at all

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Most gauges the needles will "float" around with off if you move them around. You can hook the positive and negative up to the battery for how ever long you want with no ill effect. Its the same way it gets power in the vehicle. No need to touch it really quick. What brand gauge is it?

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i was just affraid that im gonna buy the prob and the pyro wont work

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i understand. Their is a chance that could happen but i really feel if you hook it up and it powers on that you will be ok.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides, even if you buy the probe and it doesn't work, you can use that for your new pyro. Almost all gas/diesel pyros use type K thermocouple and wiring, most newer pyrometers have an electrical amplifier box. I've bought pyro stuff from ebay and from Oregon Fuel Injection and Omega Engineering. I think short of getting dirt into the internals or beating it with a sledge hammer a mechanical pyro can take a lot of abuse.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
If you touch a 9v battery to the back of it where the probe plugs in, the needle should peg at full. If it does that, you SHOULD be good to go. Cruising on flat ground I am about 300ish degrees if that helps.

SWS