Drivetrain twist under load?

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody seen this? I was towing a loaded bumper pull 18' sided(5' walls) trailer full of wet wood(even heavier) and coming off the light, or any time I shifted I was getting A LOT of side to side rock with my shift sticks. I've towed this load 4-5 times before, and I've never heard the shift boots squeaking on the sticks before. One other thing I noticed is that I have started to get bounce under loading, like it doesn't have enough torque to pull hard enough to not "Hitch". I think I can chalk that up to two weak injectors.(I have the replacements). Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the motor mounts or transmission mount may be showing signs of stress...

Not sure..

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had to go to energy suspension mounts because I'm tired of replacement mounts getting eaten every couple years.

My Dmax and 94 have had a broken leaf spring that caused axle wrap and bounce under load.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that will be exciting. not sure how I'll lift that motor far enough to change them. I'll take a look tomorrow after work and see if I can tell anything. Probably not. I had a ford six break a mount so that it would slip just far enough to put the fan into the radiator under accell. Couldn't tell a thing looking at it with the engine off.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a 4x4 2x4 and 2 bottle jacks on mine, on a chevy you also have to drop the front axle some but that won't apply to a Ford. You could also use a cherry picker to lift the engine.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
When the chevy in my signature still had the 350 gasser, I think it was the RH mount bolt just disappeared overnight during a big snow storm we got. With the 4ft snow drift in front of me in the driveway, had to basically get a few tries at getting out(no snow shovel lol). Caught traction in reverse then WHAM, felt like the SM465 fell out. Finally figured it out after it happening a few more times, then fixed it. After some new undies. Rofl

Last edited:

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the chevy in my signature still had the 350 gasser, I think it was the RH mount bolt just disappeared overnight during a big snow storm we got. With the 4ft snow drift in front of me in the driveway, had to basically get a few tries at getting out(no snow shovel lol). Caught traction in reverse then WHAM, felt like the tranny fell out. Finally figured it out after it happening a few more times, then fixed it. After some new undies. Rofl

He can ride in the cab. Be sure to keep him buckled in next time LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Motor. Noun. mid-15c., "controller, prime mover," from L. motor, lit. "mover," agent noun from pp. stem of movere "to move" (see move (v.) sense of "agent or force that produces mechanical motion" is first recorded 1660s; that of "machine that supplies motive power" is from 1856. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=motor&allowed_in_frame=0

Main Entry: 1 mo·tor Pronunciation: \mō-tr\ Function: noun Etymology: Latin, from movēre to move Date: 1586 1 : one that imparts motion; specifically : PRIME MOVER 2 : any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion: as a : a small compact engine b : INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE; especially : a gasoline engine c : a rotating machine that transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy 3 : MOTOR VEHICLE; especially : AUTOMOBILE http://i.word.com/idictionary/motor
How about a MOTORcade? MOTORcycle? MOTORhome?
This could really go on until next year.
How about some Cadillac converters? :flipa :hillbilly:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online