Drivetrain twist under load?

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a MOTORcade? MOTORcycle? MOTORhome?
This could really go on until next year.

Or MOTORboat? Or outboard MOTOR? OR MOTOR city?

I would prefer that the thing under our hood that made power through the combustion of a fuel was an "engine" and the thing that made power with electricity was a "motor" but I know my thinking would be wrong. The fact remains that the thing under the hood DOES fit the definition of "motor".

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel that originally Motor and engine where indeed two separate entities, though with the development of LANGUAGE...the line has been crossed/blurred and motor can be used for an internal combustion engine, though oddly enough Engine does not translate well to an electrically driven Motor!

JM2CW

Al

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I feel that originally Motor and engine where indeed two separate entities, though with the development of LANGUAGE...the line has been crossed/blurred and motor can be used for an internal combustion engine, though oddly enough Engine does not translate well to an electrically driven Motor!

JM2CW

Al

Also "Engine" can and is used to describe quite a few things that have NOTHING to do with what happens under our hoods.

A graphics ENGINE, search ENGINE, numerical ENGINE, siege ENGINE, ENGINE of destruction....

well I guess the last two do rather acurately describe the She-Devil.....

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE MOTOR VS ENGINE THREADS!!!

You must be registered for see images

/Don't forget...Ford Motor Company :sly

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, we're done. Thanks a bunch Blind Driver. Why don't you go get some glasses instead of screwing up threads.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
And, we're done. Thanks a bunch Blind Driver. Why don't you go get some glasses instead of screwing up threads.
Amen. Lol
Just stick a jack under the TRANNY and put some pressure to see if the mount is bad. Also could be some real bad leaf spring bushings. Maybe even body mounts. Just look and see if anything looks shot.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I LOVE MOTOR VS ENGINE THREADS!!!

You must be registered for see images

/Don't forget...Ford Motor Company :sly
Was starting to worry! You hadn't chimed in or linked a video yet! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk