Double Carden Joint

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not having alotta luck finding one of these complete units for my '90. Can anyone post a link to where a good source for these is? Is this the kinda thing I can change out myself in a descent amount of time?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a HUGE stab in the dark here cause details are sketchy in yer post....

You are speaking about a front drive shaft correct?

Specifically one for a ZF or E4OD? It matters which one.

What is it you are looking for? A rebuild kit or a whole shaft or what?

I have a ZF trans F350 D60 spare front shaft.

Parts for a rebuild are difficult to get, and even more so to rebuild one of these puppies...don't even think of asking how I know it's hard... LOL

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh....I shoulda clarified. I am looking for the front one for my '90 sig. truck...the 'new' one. I havnt actually had a look under there yet to see whats its all about, but when I had it at the shop today for the outa province inspection they said it was toast, but could maybe be rebuilt. I am gonna have a look tomorrow mornin and see exactly what they are talkin about and what this thing looks like.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya it's a ****** to get parts...indeed...

I'd suggest getting one made if it's too bad...but the Ball/spring/seal can be picked up...just hard to find is all..any good driveshaft shop should be able to help you out.

Mine's A1 shape...so I kinda want to keep it...nice having spare parts...love cutting these old trucks up when they are NFG...get all kinds of stuff...white elephant donated a ton and I made quite a bit of cash over the purchase price...kept the D60/sterling and tcase and driveshafts...sold engine trans wheels and dually adpaters...KINDA kickin my ass on sellin those adapters...could use em for Hummer H1 wheels...doh face palm...

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the info....good to know, thanks! I wonder if I went to a wrecker if I might find anyting descent there or do these usually fall apart after a certain mileage?

Rxracer

Reaction score
Hmm i just parted a truck that was a 89 f350 4wd with a zf, the driveshaft is sitting outside the shop. if you want i can take a look at it and see what condition its in. although it would prolly be pretty spendy to ship.
Rob

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sure, have a look and see what ya think there. Would you mind getting me a quote to T0J1V0 in Alberta? I would appreciate that!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for chits n giggles....If you can price shipping to US zip98844 Oroville WA...as well...

My wife crosses border for parts for me...it could..be cheaper to ship to US..have her pickup...and reship via greyhound...

seeing as I have the same shaft, I can ask greyhound here how much to ship to you...LOL

odd ball way to deal with this..but ...may work?????

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL....are you going to become my freight broker? There is always more then 1 way to skin a cat. I know customs hoses the chit outa us for anything coming from the US...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL....are you going to become my freight broker? There is always more then 1 way to skin a cat. I know customs hoses the chit outa us for anything coming from the US...

Betta services in US charges 4 or 5 bucks for a package. Holds em 30 days. phones/emails you your stuff is in.

I've used them for lots.

If the part is marked USED auto parts, there is usually no duty if made in USA FYI!

I just thought that it may be an option for you if needed. Perhaps it's cheaper to just ship direct I don't know...LOL

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after going through my canadian border experience with exporting a CCSC f350 4x4, I don't know why canadian members here don't have a better way of smuggling parts from the us to can.
btw, the joint is rebuildable and I can get the parts......BUT.....without the jig to hold all the parts together as you are assembling the parts, you will need six pair of hands to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online