do you take your IDI on long trips?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I skipped ahead basically aft reading the thread title, but the Enterprise does an 800+ mile round trip through the mountains from OH to NC and bank multiple times a year. That was part of the plan upon purchasing a crew cab. Add a lot of you guys know, I got the truck in the spring of last year (March?), but due to little things leftover from previous owners neglect and the incident that caused the Molasses Carthage Corrections thread in my signature, we've only just begun to drive the long route consistently. Before the accident in November last year, we were actually going to drive her to Florida to board a cruise ship. We were supposed to leave on the 5th or something and I got hit on the 3rd, effectively derailing all the work I did to make sure nothing went wrong in the long trip. I did notice this last time that the clutch in the Duralast SMF conversion kit is already starring to rattle some, but not bad for a lifetime warrentied kit that only has like 5 springs in the clutch hub. I'm sure hitting a ditch at 45 in 4th didn't help the longevity there. I also noticed that when flushing the cooling system that there is a freeze out plug hanging out in a cooling channel in the Jasper block. I couldn't get it out (seen through drain hole while replacing passenger side petcock), but seems to run just fine with it floating around in there.