do you take your IDI on long trips?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
North Dakota is about 340 miles long and 211 miles wide.......
Iowa is 310 miles long and 200 miles wide...........
Wyoming is about 360 miles long and 280 miles wide............
Idaho is 479 miles long and 305 miles wide.............

Not even the biggest ones................

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colorado can take a while to get across especially if you get up in the hills and I-70 gets shut down and you have to do the detour up thru Steamboat and back down to I-70...about a 3-4 hour detour.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
283 miles

"Pennsylvania is 283 miles long, from east to west, and 160 miles wide at its most distant points."
www.netstate.com/states/geography/pa_geography.htm

Same exact answer Mr. Google gave me the first time I asked that question lol.

AH HA!! Just like I said! A TAD longer... You were 3 miles shy on your first guess.

Lol my bad. I don't like going out east anyway. People get strange out there.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Made a round trip to San Antonio and back this summer. 2700 miles round trip:
You must be registered for see images attach

A couple years ago us and another family from Church went to Disney for a week. 2200 miles round trip:
You must be registered for see images

Along with weekly 2-4 hour round trips every week during soccer season.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AH HA!! Just like I said! A TAD longer... You were 3 miles shy on your first guess.

Lol my bad. I don't like going out east anyway. People get strange out there.

I'll agree people do get weird when you head east.....;Poke haha

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine across the country and back and has been my daily driver for much of the past 6 months. Something like 15,000 miles in 6 months. Brought a Dodge parts truck and a 10 ton trailer back from CT to CA too - 23,200 lb gross.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am taking the truck on its first "long" trip since I did the head gaskets, studs, new AC and a bunch of smaller stuff. Truck has been running great back and forth to work, but this will be the first time out on the interstate. Not exactly a cross country trip as its only about 250 miles round trip. Should still get the truck "good and warmed up" though. Going back to the "farmstead" to see the folks for Thanksgiving. I am thankful that the truck is back together, running well, and should be capable of making this trip.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my 83 down the central Fla. with a 24 f.t PJ gooseneck trailer to pick up a tractor. 1600 miles. Also drove it near Indy to pick up a Scout and drop off a plow. 1500 miles. 1983 regular cab 4wd 4 spd. Both trips with just me and my wife.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not real long, but I just took mine about 500 miles for Thanksgiving. I like it. It rides better that my 81 f150 regular cab. I have no issues taking mine on road trips.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Be making a few round trips from ~Indianpolis, In to Madison, WI move stuff up there. About 700 miles. It'll be towing a 24' gooseneck equipment trailer or 18' enclosed trailer each time too. 1st trip has been made, probably 5-8 more to go!
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine has 312,000 miles, "ain't skeered" to point this truck in any direction and GO! I use it to haul (old heavy) slide in truck camper on weekly 200 - 220 mile trips during Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec. sometimes even pull trailer behind camper. Approximately 2500 miles so far this year only had one issue which was my fault and not related to engine. These engines aren't BIG POWER however they are nearly bullet proof with simple routine maintenance and burn a variety of fuels.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Before swapping in the Cummins I'd drive the truck with the IDI draggin the race car all over the east coast from the Cincinnati area. Once the Cummins was in and working the first thing I did was load the bed with 2500lbs of crap, hook a car on a dolly to the back and head for MA in the heat of July (900 plus miles). Never missed a beat in either form. Once I fix the holes in the floor and the crushed cab support I'll get back to doing it some more. 428K miles and counting - on the cab - everything else is junkyard new stuff.

Nick