Do these glow plugs look 5 days old to you?

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude you got the cherriest truck almost ever. The 86 CC SRW 4X4 right? Man that girl is ****!!!!!!!

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooooooohhhhhhh-Drool-. put the steelies back on it. black of course with super awesome 235/85/16 personally I think she looked sweeter with the factory's. just my opinion though

DragRag

Reaction score
The steelies are already gone, they left on the 97' powerstroke I just sold. These wheels are my personal favorite, so I'm stickin with these. I put steelies on my Torino's though, here is a pic of the two I restored. These two cars are my crowing jewels. The yellow car was in may 2009 Hemming Muscle Machines. Both are 429 Super Cobra Jets, maroon car is an auto, yellow car is a 4 speed. I love steel wheels!

This where the name DragRag comes from.....

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hybrid455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your inj pump is advanced too far, you will eat gp's too

x2 and in my opinion the controller or someones finger on the button could have burned them up also. I'd loose the old blade type plugs and convert to the bullet style and later model solid state controller.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the spade type in my 86 and to be honest, i KNOW it WILL start first try.Don't care if it's 15 below, a 10 sec glow and she makes me happy, I don't like the clicking and the 94 will go to man gp soon. BTW how many cars u got in that garage?

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Like i said Drag rag i have had them in for close too a month and there all still burning, i guess we will both see how they last, just dont over glow them if its a manual switch, i try to count fast when i hold my button that way i dont over glow them

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I don't have a manual switch, and the light goes off around 10 seconds on the first glow.

should work just fine, i glowed one with the battery charger and it took around 8-10 seconds for it to heat but it gets real hot and is slow to cool down, i also glowed a AC Delco 12G which is a 6V plug and it only lights the very end of the tip up instead of heating most of the plug

DragRag

Reaction score
So on the 8g the whole tip glows, not just the end? Great info, thank. Tis truck has a bad injector two, I am pulling the set out my parts truck to test how it runs with those. I will bring my spares to the meet for cores for type4 if he shows.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So on the 8g the whole tip glows, not just the end? Great info, thank. Tis truck has a bad injector two, I am pulling the set out my parts truck to test how it runs with those. I will bring my spares to the meet for cores for type4 if he shows.

mine dont crank as good as it should cause i havent got around to putting the other two injectors in thats under the lines:rotflmao im too lazy, i figured i would wait until i got everything straightened out and do it when i put my new injectors back in, then it should crank within the second turn of the engine, right now it hits everytime it goes to compression but doesnt fire till about the 6th turn of the engine

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Seems like I remember part of the problem with the old contollers was that the light would go off but the plugs didn't.

When my controller went south the light stayed on and wouldnt go off, its costly if your controller burns out-cuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online