diff cover studs

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Studs might even make it more difficult to remove the diff cover to service the internals. They can be a pain as it is with no bolts retaining it...let alone with studs. You also don't NEED the gasket, but everyone does things differently. Like Brad said, no advantage whatsoever.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would there be any benefit other than the gasket staying put during installation

Ya it would LOOK kewl :slythough it would server no distinct increase in performance or provide an advantage other than what you said and the others too about more difficult to remove.-cuss

fuelscrew

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
I was just brain storming cause im getting my aluminum cover in the morning and thought it would look cool with studs

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
If you're using one of them aluminum covers with the drain and fill plug on em...DO IT! That would look killer. A little detail sure...but when people notice it, they'll think it's cool.

fuelscrew

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
Its the stock aluminum one but im gonna see if there is enough room for a drain plug to be added to it I have access to plugs at work and im gonna paint it black and the clean the fin edged to make it look like a mag tech ;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stainless allen head bolts are the way to go

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno maybe ....just maybe...if you can find some...spline drive or kewl 12pt aircraft type hardware! Just thinkin out loud here. ....***** or in print!