1204091605.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1204091605c.jpg
    1204091605c.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 7

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
sorry to here how you day went there is times that i have had days like that, were it seemed like no matter what i tried what i was doing still went to hell

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I had a day like that about a month ago when I went to pick up a car for my cousin. I just stood there freezing while everything went wrong.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have days like that a lot, they usually involve the dealership and all that goes with it. I dont hate my job, but I dont like it as much as meeting people and working on stuff here at the house. I really need to finish my truck so I can get other peoples rigs in out of the wind but hopefully this week (repeated for the last two weeks)

punk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have days like that a lot, they usually involve the dealership and all that goes with it. I dont hate my job, but I dont like it as much as meeting people and working on stuff here at the house. I really need to finish my truck so I can get other peoples rigs in out of the wind but hopefully this week (repeated for the last two weeks)

punk
it doesn't matter what or where you go to school....they can only teach how to get a job done. No school can ever teach the politics in every job.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly. I graduated from Uti but will always be attending the "school of hard knocks". I just wish that I could do my job and not catch hell for it. By "my job" I mean diagnos and repair whatever vehicle I am handed. I know Im not the fastest, most efficient, best or greatest. But I also know that I am not a slacker, lazy, stupid, or unwilling to learn.

It more or less breaks down to what a dealership is looking for and what I am looking for. Im looking for experience and the ability to learn everyday by being challanged. The dealership wants a person that is Fast and usually right, they want a profit. I want a happy customer. They do too as long as they see money, I would rather eat a little profit now to have a customer that is satisfied and happy, cause they will not only return but bring others. Working out of my own garage is teaching me a lot, and luckily I have learned to pay attention.

punk

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly. I graduated from Uti but will always be attending the "school of hard knocks". I just wish that I could do my job and not catch hell for it. By "my job" I mean diagnos and repair whatever vehicle I am handed. I know Im not the fastest, most efficient, best or greatest. But I also know that I am not a slacker, lazy, stupid, or unwilling to learn.

It more or less breaks down to what a dealership is looking for and what I am looking for. Im looking for experience and the ability to learn everyday by being challanged. The dealership wants a person that is Fast and usually right, they want a profit. I want a happy customer. They do too as long as they see money, I would rather eat a little profit now to have a customer that is satisfied and happy, cause they will not only return but bring others. Working out of my own garage is teaching me a lot, and luckily I have learned to pay attention.

punk

Sounds like you've got some good ethic there, the same type I try to bring to my job and life everyday. It will bring you far (and **** of some bosses), you will end up ahead in the long haul but there will be many hurtles along they way. Not everything in life is about a cash profit to me anymore I accept payment many ways and experience is one of them, learned that the hard way too. It will cost you initially but is be priceless in the long run!

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'd love to find an honest hard working mechanic like punk near me in Georgia, it seams like everybody I meet here is a scammer, that's why I own the IDI and have been learning to fix it myself!

Hijack over.